New Accurate 45-245O .45 Colt Black Powder

• 1.2K Views
  • Last Post 16 August 2016
Ed Harris posted this 24 April 2016

Large meplat, short nose for Colt single actions, adequate lube capacity for black powder. I plan to do some accuracy comparisons between this bullet and 45-259EB in revolver and rifle.

This one will probably have better close-up SMASH!  But the 259EB, I expect will be better for rifle use from 100-200 yards. Any of you reading this who are serious .45 Colt black powder shooters I would likemto send bullets to you to get feedback for Tom at Accurate.  PM me with address and I will send naked, as-cast and unsized bullets for you to load as suits you.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
4570sharps posted this 29 April 2016

That's a fine looking projectile.

Attached Files

corerf posted this 30 April 2016

Ed I've been working on a carbine length roller in 460s&w ( 45bpe) and that bullet might just be the cats meow for the chamber.

I'm not ready to ask for samples but in the not too distant future that barrel should be fitted and ready to shoot.

Albeit not 45LC bp application, but close. And when ready I'll gladly send funds for the samples. A lot cheaper than a mold that doesn't fit!

Thank you for the design and the sample offer. Mike

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 30 April 2016

My mold drops at .454-.455 on the bands in wheelweights + 2% tin which I used for initial break-in.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Rebel Dave posted this 15 August 2016

A few days ago, I ordered a double cavity mold, with two different Cavs. One cav is The 45-2450, as in this thread, and the other cav is the 45-259EB. I had it made in .453, with plain base, rather than beveled. It should arrive in about two weeks. I shoot black powder sometimes, and I think these will be good bullets, in my Colt clones, and Rossi, and Uberti rifles. Good lube carrying capability, in black powder bullets, is a must. Rebel Dave

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 16 August 2016

Rebel Dave, please follow up with a report on how these do for you!

Attached Files

Rebel Dave posted this 16 August 2016

Ed will do. I just rebuilt both my lead pots, they work good now. My old Lyman was acting up, and I thought I was having trouble with my molds tured out it was not quite getting hot enough, I sent it to Lyman, and got it back, works real nice again.So I will have a new mold to work with.

Rebel Dave

Attached Files

Close