Accurate 43 240 KG

• Last Post 28 April 2016
Eutectic posted this 27 April 2016

My experience with rifle designs is the lube just ahead of the gas check is very important. Bullets with the gas check hard against the base band never did well.When I saw the Accurate 43 240 KG it got me to thinking it might be the answer for hot 44 loads. Has anyone tried this bullet or something similar? Steve

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 27 April 2016

I believe the “K” in the catalog # for that mold stands for Keith, as in Elmer Keith, and that design is well tested and excellent.

Gary

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 28 April 2016

Gary, Yes, I have 429421 and it is excellent. I am thinking a 429421 clone with a wider first band to fit my 44 might give better accuracy. (never satisfied).  The gas check was a thought as I have a full box of 44 gas checks and the dies for Disk Check so there are unlimited 44 gas checks calling for a new mold. Steve 100 range pick up brass = must buy new rifle = must buy die set =must buy new mold = must buy sizing die, etc. etc.

Attached Files

45 2.1 posted this 28 April 2016

Bearing length of less than one caliber showing 59% of length. I'm not a fan of this type of base either. It would probably shoot provided you got the alloy and heat treatment correct. Certainly not something Elmer would do himself.

Attached Files

Close