Hello from the Tarheel State

• Last Post 28 July 2016
Premod70 posted this 11 May 2016

I'm vintage geezer and so glad to have found this site. Hope to share and gain knowledge as well as make new friends. Thanks for having me, regards, Dale Flinchum.

Forrest Gump is my smarter brother.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 11 May 2016

Vintage Geezers welcome !!

jump right in with your questions ... and we sure could use some answers also ...

heck, we even accept opinions ...( g ) ...

and lately i feel a need for someone to post an occasional photo of a neat gun, or target, or even a vintage old mold ... might as well take advantage of our newfangled graphics capability ...

ken ; blackbelt in vintage geezer

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 11 May 2016

Hi, Dale. Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do; and, if you see something with which you disagree, don't reply. Just give it a while, and you'll see posted a differing opinion with which you do agree. And, probably, learn something new along the way.

And about Ken: He calls himself an “old Geezer.” Don't believe him; he's not so old. But, whatever else he says, believe it!

BTW: I live in Summerfield, NC which is just barely North of Greensboro. And, there are some great cast bullet matches at the Charlotte Gun Club.

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 12 May 2016

I've shot at Charlotte R&P a few times, great people and a quality match. I plan to attend again when my game has improved, finishing last each and every time is tiring, just kidding about the tiring but not my placement. I live on the other side of Charlotte and the commute is is tiring, really tiring. I shoot at a few ranges in my area but when you mention shooting cast bullets all you get is a blank stare but I keep trying to promote the game. I know there has to enough interest to get a match or two started elsewhere, at least one can hope.

Attached Files

res45 posted this 27 July 2016

Hello neighbor and welcome aboard,I'm just down the road from you over here in China Grove.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 27 July 2016

Premod70, welcome aboard! We Geezers need to stick together!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 27 July 2016

Geezers Rule. Welcome aboard Premod70.  It's nice to have another one. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 27 July 2016

res45 wrote: Hello neighbor and welcome aboard,I'm just down the road from you over here in China Grove. Hello back at you, do any shooting and if so where?

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 27 July 2016

Three hits in one day, I feel like running for President! Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Attached Files

res45 posted this 28 July 2016

Premod70 wrote: res45 wrote: Hello neighbor and welcome aboard,I'm just down the road from you over here in China Grove. Hello back at you, do any shooting and if so where? I do all my shooting over at my buddies house just down the road from me a few miles.  It's mostly just informal target shooting an load testing at short range out in his back yard.

It's also where I do all my bullet casting as we just consolidated our setup there since he has more room.  We get together a couple times a month an spend a Saturday,shooting,casting or reloading and BS'ing or all the above.

I live pretty close to the Wildlife Shooting Range outside of Salisbury but it way above my pay grade to join.  There is also a public range Flintlock Shooting Range that reopened a while back after being closed down for several years for a major rebuilding.  It's $3 per day or $30 per year to shoot there.  I need to take a trip down to the Uwharries and check it out.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder.

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 28 July 2016

There's a Buffalo rifle bench match this coming Sunday at Piedmont Handgunners over on NC 150; 200 yards at gongs, $10 to shoot, open to the public and only 20 shots for record but bring plenty of rounds for the sight in period. It begins at 10AM and the match around 12PM. It's a good bunch of fellows and the humble pie is not too bad.

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 28 July 2016

Where on 150 is this Shoot? I live about a mile off 150 and. there used to be some kind of range up off of 158 ,but it had up so many warning signs by the road that it gave a very unfriendly non-welcoming atmosphere. I never went there. I've been a member of the Reidsville club for quite some time, but lately I've been doing my match shooting down at the Riverside club, out of Richfield. It has 50 and 100 yds. Totally indoor. Shoot rain or shine; really accommodating.

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 28 July 2016

Hello Mr. Bill, here is the address; 10346 S Nc Highway 150, Linwood It's about 10 miles north of Salisbury. The range is about three miles north from the NC 150 exit on I-85. Some folks say the range is in Lexington, others say Churchland and then others hold to Linwood, take your pick, either way it is in the middle of nowhere! Trust Google map, it will get you there. I hope to see you there, bring a friend and shoot. 

Attached Files

Close