Credit where due

• Last Post 31 July 2016
gpidaho posted this 21 May 2016

After recent complaints about one of our sponsors Lee Precision and my out of round six cavity moulds, I think I'll put in a good word for them where due. A couple years ago I wasn't shooting many autoloaders and decided to sell my Dillon 550B, I had almost $1,200 tide up in the press and extra caliber conversions and loaded mostly on a Redding T-7 and a couple of Rockchuckers anyway.  As things like this go, there soon came along a M1 30 Carbine, two pistol caliber carbines and a new 300 Blackout upper for the AR. This can become labor intensive on a Rockchucker  lol . The last couple of weeks Midway has had the Lee classic turret on sale for $99 and extra turrets for a little over $10. It's not as fast as the Dillon but for the price it's a sweet little press.  Thanks Lee.  Gp

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 22 May 2016

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=8045>gpidaho

I have both the 550 and the classic cast turret, I like the Lee better. Changing primer size on the Lee with Auto prime including fill up is less than 2 minutes and Turret change is quicker. The floating turret and Lee floating dies with Neoprene lock rings float too, so, The self centering of the Lee gives me better ammo concentricity than my old Forster Coax Press.

Gary

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 22 May 2016

Gary, that's one thing I could never warm up to on the Dillon, The priming system didn't work well for me and I hated filling the primer tubes. Other than that I loved the Dillon 550.  Just had too much tied up in it.  Gp

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 23 May 2016

I have the standard 4-hole turret press that I bought several years ago. Couldn't be happier! Mine came with the ergo handle which I really like. I like all of their products with the exception of their Hot & Cold mold quality control. They need to do something about that.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 31 July 2016

I recently posted how happy I was with the Lee four hole turret press for loading handgun ammunition. Add the Lee Auto-Drum powder measure and you have a great set-up. After the go-arounds I've had with the Lee “Perfect” measure it's a surprise to me but the Auto-Drum is a truly great improvement. After set up and adjustment I've not seen it miss even a tenth with several different powders. This is re assuring when your loading 9X19 and smaller. One word of caution, make sure to remove the drum and clean residual powder from the recesses to prevent cross contamination when changing to another powder. Great product at a more than reasonable price. Thanks Lee. Gp

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 31 July 2016

Without Mr Lee a suspect a great many of us would not be doing the loading and shooting we are.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Close