22 LR RIMFIRE ACCURACY

• Last Post 10 September 2016
joeb33050 posted this 27 July 2016

The only range open is 22rf 50 yards, and I know ypu're wondering, so... BSA 12/15 Martini, Lyman 30X STS

50 shots, 10 five shot groups = 1 box

That .95” screwed me up.

Shot in a “U", top left, down, right and up = 1-10 groups.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
joeb33050 posted this 27 July 2016

other ammo

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 27 July 2016

joeb...that 0.9 group...one ” flyer ” ..... ha..when we were shooting ARA we used to acknowledge that

” there is one in every box ” ...

i still have a brick or two of magic 2000 yr. Federal olympic quality 22rf ... when my buddies complain about their ruger 7-22 etc. i put three in a hole for them... but then tell them the ammo is not for sale ...

what the h**k is it about 22 rimfire ?? frk-ore is showing it might not be all the cast bullets ... egads ...LEE droppings close to 1 moa ????

back to castid bullets ...

would a 6mm super rook on a hornet case be close to a 22 rf ??? 7 gr powder ...

oh, my buddy brought his 17 hrm ( ruger american ) by ... i put 6 shots in a 0.17 hole at 40 yards .... cra* .... maybe it's the rimfire ??

ken

Attached Files

frnkeore posted this 27 July 2016

This is a 10 shot group, shot at 50 yards, on the BR 50 target. sigthing in for the match in Spokane, this year. Measures .543 Frank

Attached Files

45 2.1 posted this 28 July 2016

You guys might try a Paco “Accurizer". It swages the bullet to a larger diameter and results on the target are very notable.

Attached Files

gnoahhh posted this 28 July 2016

Sorry, it's too blazing hot to go out and make bug hole targets to show on the innerwebs. The lube is melting off my .22 bullets- and that's in the air conditioning!

Suffice to say my 1935 Pre-A 52 with Fecker scope is the area's premo aspirin shooter at 50 yards. (With some jealously hoarded Federal Gold UltraMatch.)

Attached Files

Bull Shoals posted this 06 August 2016

This group was fired in a match at the Twin Lakes Gun Club in Arkansas. I probably will never be able to duplicate it but thank goodness there were witnesses. Martini Mark 2, 6.5 X 20 Leopold scope and Eley Black box match. Five shots, 100 yards.

Attached Files

45ACPete posted this 06 August 2016

Joe--we are similarly equipped. I have a BSA International with a Lyman STS also, but my scope is 20X. Never shoot it from the bench other than at 50 ft. to check my zero before the informal matches several of us shoot every couple of weeks. Then they sometimes all go in the same hole--no rest or anything, just laying the forward end of the gun on the carpeted bench. This is with the cheap Federal Gold Medal. In our matches, which are all offhand, I hold my own against my buddies with their Anschutzes. We're all usually shooting in the low to mid 80's per ten shots on the 50ft. indoor target. Nothing to rave about, but having fun!

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 06 August 2016

i tried to tell my ara buddies that the cure for having to hunt and buy very expensive 22 rf ammo was to::

shoot offhand matches

.... i got no respect .... when in rome i guess ...

ken

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 10 September 2016

Attached Files

Close