Introduce yourself

• Last Post 02 August 2016
Pat.LNR posted this 29 July 2016

Hi ,I'm Patrick a french shooter who likes “lead bullets".I shoot with handguns and rifles and my favorite calibers are 357 ,44 mag and special, 7 TCU, 7X30 Waters ,45-70 , 222 Rem, 405 Winch , 308 Winch , 270 Winch. My favorite guns : my Winchester 1895 , my Sharps , my Ruger N°1,and my Contender.And of course ;}

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 July 2016

welcome to this group, you will find a wide range of cast bbullet interest here .

wow, we hear about the difficulties of the shooting sports in france.

i would be interested in a few thoughts from you in this regard....as you feel comfortable .

i had about 20 years ago a friend in the french army and was impressed with his tough training . but that was then .

ken

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 29 July 2016

Welcome aboard! I would also like to hear about your hunting and target shooting activities in France. I would be especially be interested in loading for traditional and antique hunting rifles and the type of game hunted where you live, such as deer, boar, etc.  And, of course any game recipes!  Pictures would be wonderful.  Here is a glimpse of West Virginia

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Pat.LNR posted this 02 August 2016

Hi Ken Hi EdThank's for your welcome !Yes it's difficult to practice shooting in France....Shooting range are rare and “small".The gun laws are very very very strict and also completely stupid.In France and Europe loving arms is a serious illness et if you're a hunter , you're a “serial killer” ! About hunting ,  I live in Sologne and it's a great and good hunting area. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sologne   I like hunting rabbits and ducks . About roes and boars it's driven hunt and I don't like this, I prefer hunt on the lookout especially with my Sharps or my  Winchester1895. The heavy 45 70 hard cast bullets are perfect on boars!I would like hunt with my Contender but it's forbidden in France:(So long!

Attached Files

Close