9MM Luger

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 15 September 2016
Pigslayer posted this 03 September 2016

Need some input on a good bullet for a 9MM luger. Any info would be helpful. Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bull Shoals posted this 06 September 2016

I use an NOE 130 gr HP 4 cavity BB aluminum mold. Its an RG4, has both HP and solid pins. That with 4.0 gr of HP38 and Winchester spark plugs works well in my Sig 2022.

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 06 September 2016

In the 9x21 i use  bullet   35 147 A from Accurate molds  that was made on my desigh .I asked  for  357 grooves  and I get 357,5 bullets from the specified  ww alloy .I use Xlox lube thinned with nitro paint thinner ,no sizing . Bullet are quenched from the 5 cavity mold . In the Rapid  shootin Italian matches  I usually have no misses , but  employ a lot of time , compared to young good shooters .

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 06 September 2016

Pat, I used to use RCBS mould #09-124. The 124gr truncated cone bullet. It was accurate in my Browning hipower, and I can not remember a malfunction. If you want to try it I'll send you the blocks. Just PM me. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

rockquarry posted this 07 September 2016

I've tried many cast bullets in various 9mms since I bought my first such pistol in the late '80s. The most accurate bullet I've found (at this point, anyway) is cast from the obsolete Lyman #358212, a round nose .38 Special design. It weighs around 150 grains in wheelweight alloy and is sized to .358".

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 07 September 2016

150 grains bullets, at subsonic speed are  easier  to load for function and accuracy .124  bullets need  around 1200 fps to function the action ( and more pressure).

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 07 September 2016

Pat: The biggest problem I find with my 9mm's is that when doing the plunk test my guns seem to need a shorter COL than the books list. As we all know, the 9s are pretty small capacity and high pressure enough as listed. I have a few of the more common 9 moulds and could send you a sampling if you'd like. As to wow well they shoot, it would be hard for me to say as I'm not a very good shot with a pistol. lol PM me if you'd like a few to try in your gun. Gp Oh yah, they most likely will have that plastic stuff sprayed on them!

Attached Files

admiral posted this 09 September 2016

I like 124gr. truncated cone style in the 9mm. Also check your barrel dimensions. Older pistols are all over the place from .354"-.358"

Attached Files

Duke M posted this 10 September 2016

I have had good luck with Magma's 38-130-RNFP in my Master Caster. A versatile bullet that gets used in several applications ranging from Uberti 1866 replicas, Richard-Mason conversions, S&W Mod.15, Rossi 1892 remakes loaded in both 38 spl. and .357 brass, Colt OM,Ruger 9m/m cylider for a Black Hawk, (wonderfully accurate), S&W 9m/m semi autos, Ruger semi auto 9, Glock 9's, and a Beretta 92. Drops at .359: from the mould at a rate of about 550 per hour. Size to .357” for the 9's the Colts, .358” for the S&W revolvers, and shot as cast in the rest.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 15 September 2016

Thanks everyone! I think I'm headed in the right direction now.

Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Close