Eastern Washington State Military match anyone???

• 4.2K Views
  • Last Post 13 December 2007
linoww posted this 12 October 2007

Ric Bowman,Joe Gifford,and myself are thinking about a spring 2008 (March??) 100-200 yd score match in the Tri-Cities Wa. area.It likely would be at the TCMSA range in  Pasco Wa.It has 20 concrete benches used for Hunter BR matches that are very nice.We could have a standard BR score match at the same time if there is interest.

What do you say Washington, Oregon and Idaho shooters??

Geo. Damron

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
billwnr posted this 12 October 2007

As long as it didn't conflict with the military match at Paul Bunyan.

What's the wind like over there? The standard 20mph usually encountered in March??

Remember, the nationals will be at Paul Bunyan in June.

Attached Files

linoww posted this 15 October 2007

billwnr wrote: As long as it didn't conflict with the military match at Paul Bunyan.

What's the wind like over there? The standard 20mph usually encountered in March??

Remember, the nationals will be at Paul Bunyan in June. Yep, on the wind on the spring out here.

I will make sure it does not interfere with the Puyallup match.

We are having it as a "warm-up” for the nationals.I am going to our club meeting this month to get the range reserved.

Geo.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 15 October 2007

Bring your best shooters, us we(s)t siders are hard to whup.

Attached Files

linoww posted this 15 October 2007

billwnr wrote: Bring your best shooters, us we(s)t siders are hard to whup.

Heck, all I have over here is bunch of old farts with shot nerves and bad eyes..Wait a second....thats the whole military class participent in general<G>

You are in trouble though I was a “West Sider” for a number of years.Bill Anderson would shake in his boots when i showed up to the range with my fine P17 with its HS barrel.

I hope to get a few locals that shoot  the old ones to show up. We can show them what lead can do in the old war-horses.

Geo.

Attached Files

linoww posted this 05 December 2007

I have the 3rd Saturday in April 2008 set for the match.I am meeting witht the club tomarrow night.Hope some of you show up.I may also shoot an offhand stage.The main will be a score match.It will be at the TCMSA range in Pasco Wa.

I have spots to set your motorhome or camper at my place or dads if you want to do an overnighter.Both are about 10 minutes from the range.

George A Damron

509-727-3604

Attached Files

CB posted this 07 December 2007

George,

Remember, the CBA is keeping National Records for the Military Rifle off-hand matches for each class. The course of fire is 2-10shot scores on TQ-4 targets @ 15mins. each, so it doesn't take much time to shoot. We always shoot an off-hand with our Military BR score or group match. I forgot last year about the National records in Military off-hand and had to send in one of Gerry Young's target for a new record in the scope class, so ya never know when someone can hit a record!..................Dan

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 07 December 2007

Geo.

Looks like 3 from Sun Valley Shooting Park. Save me a spot for the RV. The bride (of 40 years) will take the ladies around the Tri-cities for book stores, antiquies and maybe wine tasting.

Ric

Attached Files

Idaho Sharpshooter posted this 08 December 2007

hopefully buddy Jeff and I will make it.

Rich

Attached Files

linoww posted this 11 December 2007

I have the date firmed as  Sat. March 22nd 2008 9AM start.The only downfall is it is the day before Easter Sunday. It was a “bear” getting a date due to a bunch of Hunters Ed. range day requests.

It will be a 100-200 yd score match and possibly an offhand if there is any interest.

I have e-mailed the military match director with no response twice.How do I get the money to him to get in registered??

George

Attached Files

Wally Enga posted this 11 December 2007

George,

The best way to get your Military Rifle Match registered is to send the $8 Registration Fee directly to:

CBA Treasurer Dan Willems 336 N. Cedar St. Galesburg, Il 61401

Then if you email or PM me here your Match Director or Contact name, Tel. Number, email and address ---  I'll send it on to Jeff with next years Military Match  Listings for the web site and to Glenn for listing in The Fouling Shot.

Wally

Attached Files

Thanks-George

Attached Files

The bride (of 40 years)

Years of marrige or of age<G>

Geo.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 12 December 2007

I will attend if it's a registered shoot.

Attached Files

argie1891 posted this 12 December 2007

george i need to know the cource of fire. how many rounds of ammo will i need to load?? how many are group,score and distance with each. also all i seem to have is an old argentine 1891 mauser. i am hoping it will hold up long enough to get through the match. i know they wont hold a candle to the springfield rifles but i think i will shoot it anyway. argie1891 joe gifford

if you think you have it figured out then you just dont understand

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 12 December 2007

Geo, Why of marriage!

Attached Files

linoww posted this 13 December 2007

billwnr wrote: I will attend if it's a registered shoot. yes it will be.

Sending the reg. money off tomarrow.Lets hope for calm conditions

Geo.

Attached Files

argie1891 wrote: george i need to know the cource of fire. how many rounds of ammo will i need to load?? how many are group,score and distance with each. also all i seem to have is an old argentine 1891 mauser. i am hoping it will hold up long enough to get through the match. i know they wont hold a candle to the springfield rifles but i think i will shoot it anyway. argie1891 joe gifford

We will fire a warm up at 100 and two 10 shot targets for score than the same at 200.I would bring about 80 rounds.40 shots for record and two warm ups could use 60-80 in a hurry.

Dont be humble,i have seen some of you postal match scores with that rifle.It seems a few years back you won a match or two.I look at the postal results alot to see what kind of weird comb's guys are shooting and yours was one of them! Hope to see you.

Geo.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 13 December 2007

linoww wrote: billwnr wrote: I will attend if it's a registered shoot. yes it will be.

Sending the reg. money off tomarrow.Lets hope for calm conditions

Geo.

What do you east siders class as “calm conditions"?  Winds less than 20 mph?? 

Wind is the great equalizer and could be your friend.

Attached Files

What do you east siders class as “calm conditions"?  Winds less than 20 mph?? 

Wind is the great equalizer and could be your friend.

Ya thats about right on the wind.You should try playing with 22 cast bullets out here at 200 yds.

I have almost given up on wind flags,they just blow over and it's a pain to pick them up.

George

Attached Files

Close