Group Buy Invite

• 6.2K Views
  • Last Post 04 December 2008
CB posted this 27 January 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have been talking with 45Nut the Admin over at Cast Boolits and he has extended an invitation to all of the CBA and Non-CBA members of our forum to get in on their group buys.

Basically they do group buys on Lee Molds and Gator Gas Checks.

Currently there is a group buy of 30 cal gas checks from Gator, and several mold group buys.

If you want to get in on these group buys you will need to register on the forum and set up a group buy account.

Complete instructions are available at the following link:

http://castboolits.gunloads.comdisplay.php?f=10>http://castboolits.gunloads.comdisplay.php?f=10chrome://targetalert/content/skin/new.png

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mauserman posted this 05 February 2008

Gator Gas Checks. Want to explain , I know nothing about them... Anyone use them, price how about some comments........MM

Attached Files

CB posted this 06 February 2008

Gator Gas Checks are made by a fellow named Larry Blackmon's Bullet Swaging Supply out of Louisanna. I am told they are good quality and are generally cheaper than Hornaday. The best prices are had through the group buys at Cast Boolit Forum. I have heard of prices at or near 20.00 per 1,000..

I personally haven't used these, I have a friend that swears by them.

Attached Files

Lloyd Smale posted this 06 February 2008

ive used many thousand gator gas checks. there not only cheaper then the hornady and lymans but there actually better quality checks. You can buy them direct from Larry too and if you have a mold that has a problem with checks fitting properly you can send him a bullet and he will do his best to find the right check for it. He also makes 41 checks in both the lyman size and hornady size. the lee molds are a good deal too. dont get me wrong your still getting lee molds but ive had little problems with there 6 cavity blocks and the nice thing is the custom buys are for bullet designs that actually work rather then the crap lee sells.

Attached Files

Mauserman posted this 06 February 2008

This guy have a site to order from or what// If so how about posting it.... Make things easier for an old man....:doooah:MM

Attached Files

CB posted this 06 February 2008

The gas check guy does not have a website.. One of the only way to get these gas checks are the link above.. They have a group buy site and that is why I linked to the instructions...

Attached Files

wiljen posted this 09 February 2008

Gatorchecks sells exclusively to commercial casting outfits as he doesn't have the time/resources to handle small orders.  We do groupbuys through the forum so we handle all the packaging and shipping of the small orders and he produces a single large order like he would for the commercial casters he caters to.

As for molds, we have had molds made in custom designs as well as classics.  I have a 6 cavity Aluminum mold in the 311407 and 311291 designs from group buys.  I also have a 300 gr 45-70 bullet with about as large a meplat as will reliably feed in the lever guns.  Right now the group buys include a 311041 in a 6 cavity mold and the BD45 design a hunting bullet for the 45 ACP amongst others. 

In addition to the 6 cavity lee molds which usually run about $60, we have also had custom molds made by NEI.

The way the buys usually work is we have a single point of contact between the vendor and the group.  This person is called the honcho.  Honcho's collect orders and funds at the outset of the buy and keep addresses of participants until the end of the buy.  When the product arrives, the honcho is responsible for testing the product and if it is within specs, he sends them on to all the participants.

NEI is generally very quick in turn around.  Lee can take up to 6 months.

I hope this provides enough explanation to help.

wiljen

Attached Files

dromia posted this 10 February 2008

I've done some of my best cast boolit shopping ever over there, :D with Lee clearing their backlog somewhat its been raining moulds recently.

When those 6 holers work, I've had 6 in the past two months and they've all performed good, then you get a pile of boolits quick.

Botton pour or dipper they make a difference

Attached Files

Ken O posted this 15 February 2008

I've bought a few molds and gas checks over there. The Gator checks are top quality.

There is a group buy on a Lyman 358156 that is closing in a couple days. It is a Lee 6 banger made on the 2 crimp grove Lyman original, use the one for .38 and one for .357Mag. The six cavity Lees are quite a bit better than the two, but still usually need some tweaking. Here is a link to this group buy, I'm in on it, and they already have the quota they need.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=23956>http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=23956

Attached Files

afish4570 posted this 17 February 2008

Group Buy Moulds......what"s next....Would like to get in a a 30 or 31 cal and a 6 cavity like the one that closed on the 15th.....really would like all 6 cavity. afish4570

Attached Files

CB posted this 17 February 2008

Nothing money wont fix, huh?

Attached Files

CB posted this 14 March 2008

I have used the Gator Checks in 45-70 and my 35 Remington Marlins, as well as my Contenders, They work extremely well for me.

I am still waiting for the next group buy, to get some 30 cal ones, and other calibers, the price is right and the quality is there.

Jerry

Attached Files

Suo Gan posted this 25 November 2008

The Lee orders take about 9 months or so.  Once the order is placed, the Honcho can add more orders to the list, but no one does this because it automatically bumps the order to the end of the line. 

The process is fairly simple though...but if you need a mold it gets hard to wait.  SG

Attached Files

CB posted this 25 November 2008

I am now looking at doing a large buy of Gator Checks, probably 30K of them, this gets the best pricing, in various calibers. If people want to join in on this buy let me know.

Jerry

Attached Files

what are the 30 cal checks going for?

Attached Files

Let me check, but the best prucubg come from buy 3 to 5 thousand at a time.

Jerry

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 25 November 2008

I'm interested in the .30 checks, Jerry.

Attached Files

When I get the details, I will post them.

Jerry

Attached Files

primersp posted this 29 November 2008

hello

if there are no problems to pay the better for me ( card or pay pal)

are the more easy and for shipping to france 

i'm interesting

thanks JERRY

ANDRE

Attached Files

ReloaderNY posted this 03 December 2008

I am interested in the 30 Gas Checks

Lou

Attached Files

CB posted this 04 December 2008

Anyone that wants to get in on the group buys at CastBoolits need to go there and register for a forum account and then also register for a group buy account, there are complete instructions on the page that I placed the link to in the first post.

Attached Files

Close