22 Hornet Nosler Brass Quality

• Last Post 08 April 2017
reggleston posted this 11 March 2017

Just Received my first 100 rounds of Nosler 22 Hornet Brass. To say that it is excellent would be a gross understatement. Each round is Chamfered on both OD & ID and  the flash hole is deburred. Hats off to an American company for providing a quality product for a reasonable price!

None of the 100 rounds had any neck dents that would require resizing prior to loading. The flash hole diameter measured .070” ( #50 drill). My newest hornet die is a redding neck sizer that has a decapping pin that measures .062” in diameter. So that leaves a comfortable .008” clearance.

Purchased these from Graf.com for $39.99 per hundred, Graff & Sons has a $40 minimum order now so you can either order multiple quantities or do like I did and add a small item to the order. If you want a larger quantity go to Midway USA.com that sells them in 250 packs for some additional bucks.

I plan to load and shoot this brass right out of their package.

R D Eggleston

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 12 March 2017

Did you weigh them?  It would be illuminating to know.

Attached Files

4570sharps posted this 14 March 2017

The Hornady brass I got a few years ago was made in the Czech Republic!

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 14 March 2017

I too am curious about the weight consistency on these cases.

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 07 April 2017

Because I will be starting up on my Hornet rifle project again I have been thinking about some new brass. I want to add to my supply of 20+year old brass.

It is good to know that someone is even making it and it is available!

Besides Nosler, could anyone tell me who is making it still.

Sounds like if only the Nosler is made at least it will be of very good quality. However, knowing about choices would be good. So can anyone answer who else might be making Hornet brass?

Attached Files

10Speed posted this 08 April 2017

I bought some Hornady brass about a year ago, and they still have it on their website.

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 08 April 2017

Okay, I answered my own question.

Looks like Winchester is listed but out of stock everywhere. Are they done?

Hornady and Nosler are available.

The odd sounding Italian brand whose name I did not take note of is also available.

Attached Files

Close