5MM BULLET MOLD WANTED

• 5K Views
  • Last Post 17 January 2009
buckstix posted this 04 January 2009

ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHO COULD MAKE ME A 5MM (20 CAL) BULLET MOLD?  I'D LIKE ONE OF ABOUT 55 GRAINS

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Veral Smith posted this 06 January 2009

I've made down to 17 caliber so a 20 shouldn't be a problem.  If you want to gc, you'll probably have to make them or I may be able to set it up to work with 22 caliber checks.

LBTMoulds.com              Nothing is listed on the website of coarse.  But Ask and Ye shall receive!  Same price as any other mold.  We can argue about whichever design you want, and I'll let you win.

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 06 January 2009

Hooooo ... Ray....:D

I need a 5mm mold (.207 dia - 1:25) .... one the same style as your .25 cal pointed 95g bullet,

Flat Base, no gc ... weighing about 55 grains ... just tell me where to send the money ... [email protected]

I've got a 5mm Ballard rifle built by the late James Grant. (author, “Single Shot Rifles", “More single Shot Rifles", “Still More Single Shot Rifles)  It is pictured in his 3rd book ...

Attached Files

Veral Smith posted this 07 January 2009

Send your order to

LBT 78592 Hwy 2 Moyie Springs ID 83845

Price is $125 plus $10 shipping and if you want a fitted nose punch for sizing it is also $10.

I feel a little jealous about that rifle but would never tell anyone!

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 07 January 2009

Great!! ... on the way ... what is delivery time running? I can't hardly wait ..! ! ! .>

By the way ... I wanted this rifle so bad when I first saw it ... That I didn't even mind that James Grant was a “Lefty” and I wasn't.  Luckily, with the high comb, it still fits me perfect for offhand shooting with the cheek piece facing away .....

I'm one of those that was born in Germany, long ago ...... over there, back then,  they killed the babies that used the “Devil Hand” .... or tied it behind your back until you learned to use the “Good” hand.

It screwed me up for life ...

Attached Files

Veral Smith posted this 09 January 2009

Wait time should be down to less than a week by time your order arrives, I hope.  We have winter here you know, it it's been showing us it's stuff for the last month!

The DEVILS hand.  No wonder I've always wondered why lefties looked twisted when they wrote!

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 09 January 2009

I can't wait... I shoot all winter long ..

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 13 January 2009

is it done yet? is it done yet?

Attached Files

Veral Smith posted this 14 January 2009

Not quite.  But your order got here yesterday, which makes it real close.  Hopefully I'll be able to ship it out by Friday.

Back in the 70's there was a popular comic around Arizona.  Two buzzards setting in a dead tree.  One says to the other:  Patience, Hell, I'm gonna go kill something!

I think most of us would have trouble condeming him!

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 14 January 2009

Well that would be great ..I can hardly wait.  This has been a 2 year project.

I modified the breech block of the Ballard and made a special 2-ended firing pin so the rifle would shoot both rim-fire and center-fire 5mm cartridges.

I kept trying them in the back end of a set of aluminum mold blocks from an old round ball mold

I even went so far as to have Russ Weber make me a special breech seating tool for the little 5mm.

As I said, I have an altogether new found respect for the art of bullet mold making.  I probably have over 100 hours of wasted time in this project, and now I'll finally be able to have a good bullet to try.

Did I say I can hardly wait? ... Well, I can hardley wait!

Attached Files

Veral Smith posted this 14 January 2009

What I make you may not stay on a 6 foot target either but I guarantee it will look a lot prettier than what you made! -- But I do expect a report on performance, right here on this post!

I can't recall whether you mentioned that you 'can hardly wait', previously, and don't know that I'll be able to recall it this time either, by tomorrow!

I wouldn't make idiot comments like this without having your money already in hand!

Attached Files

buckstix posted this 17 January 2009

Is it done yet? Is it? is it? huh? huh?

I have been doing some inquiries, and people tell me you make a pretty good bullet mold.

:dude:

I've added a better scope, and a palm rest in anticipation of shooting very soon ...

Is it done yet? Is it? is it? huh? huh?

Attached Files

Close