this will interest you

• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 02 August 2009
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JetMech posted this 01 August 2009

Looks good, but is this a case of a solution looking for a problem? Yes, you get some lube in the gap at the top of the check, but is it a problem?

Attached Files

CB posted this 01 August 2009

After reading this thread I think that it is innovation.. That is the really great part of making and shooting cast bullets.

Just goes to show you there is more than one way to skin a cat..

Attached Files

canuck4570 posted this 01 August 2009

Dollar Bill wrote: Looks good, but is this a case of a solution looking for a problem? Yes, you get some lube in the gap at the top of the check, but is it a problem? the goal of this pin is not tu use gaz check and being able to lube them without getting lube on the shank....

Attached Files

docbob posted this 01 August 2009

Canuck,

It seems like a good idea to me, especially for light loads. Not as messy seating the bullet.

Attached Files

doc bob pres the wrong button sorry about that could you rewright your reply thanks

Attached Files

yes Docbob it is great for small loads and not messy when reloading and also you just change the pin for the solid one and you lube your bulles with gaz check for high velocity loads.... sorry again for pressing the wrong button....

Attached Files

CB posted this 01 August 2009

Pretty good idea. You should talk the kid into making them to sell as a little side gig.

Attached Files

canuck4570 posted this 02 August 2009

there is a fellow name Buckshot on the forum where the pictures are and he make all kinds of alteration to mold like hollow pointing take of the gaz check option and many more..... hope he offer this service of making these pin for us casters I think this pin give the casters many option in shooting cast bullets.....

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 02 August 2009

:coffee  It would be really interesting to see load tests done on a rebated base bullet, as opposed to having the gas check installed.  There are people that claim the rebated base approach is quite a bit more accurate. My meager casting experience hasn't taken that turn yet, I do good to make bullets and shoot them.:D

Attached Files

I have tried the 165 grain saeco pictures and there no difference between the 2 of them non gaz check and gaz check bullets they both do 1 1/4 inche steady at 100 yards but big saving when you do plinking load gaz check here in Canada are 42.50 per 100 plus taxes that come up the 46.00 a real steal that is the reason that prompted me in doing this pin.... will be trying saeco 196 grain soon will make a report on it.....

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 02 August 2009

Thanks, canuck4570. That makes alot of sense, now that I realize there's no check on there!:dude:

Attached Files

KenK posted this 02 August 2009

A very good idea.  I find it to be very aggravating using gas check bullets without the check because of the mess it makes of the seating die and it is even more of a pain to wipe the lube off the shank.

Attached Files

Dollar Bill wrote: Thanks, canuck4570. That makes alot of sense, now that I realize there's no check on there!:dude: No problem Dollar Bill its nice of you to write back

Attached Files

KenK wrote: A very good idea.  I find it to be very aggravating using gas check bullets without the check because of the mess it makes of the seating die and it is even more of a pain to wipe the lube off the shank.

yes you bet makes reloading much faster and cleaner and lubing them is a breeze just like a no gaz check bullet has I said earlier Buckshoot on the other forum if the demand is sufficient will surely make them

Attached Files

Close