powder dispenser for use with lee classic turret press

• 4K Views
  • Last Post 08 July 2010
biddulph posted this 12 October 2009

Hi all,

I'm after a powder dispenser for use with a lee classic turret press. I load .308, .303 British and .375 h&h.

Whats recomended? The lee one looks good but will it load these cases?

cheers

James

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
jimkim posted this 12 October 2009

The Lee Perfect powder is “large” enough and will be quite adequate. I have a friend who uses one and he really likes it.

I use a Hornady L-N-L or RCBS Uniflow powder measure for rifle cartridges. If you don't want to use the Lee PPM, you can use the Hornady Case Activated Powder drop with either of these measures. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=591344

Attached Files

jhrosier posted this 12 October 2009

I use a Lyman #55 powder measure in my turret press for both rifle and handgun loading. It has worked well for me since about '68.

Jack

Attached Files

pascalp posted this 13 October 2009

A pro-auto disk with a double disk may fit your need, max load 3.14cc .

Attached Files

CB posted this 13 October 2009

biddulph

I like my RCBS, I also have Lyman, if it will fit my Hollywood will work for any rifle powder. For pistol the Lyman is real good. I have the Hollywood on my Lyman Turret Press. Tall tube what you need for say 300 pygmies or as you blouwts say .303 British.

Stephen Perry

Angeles BR:fire

Attached Files

rwjshooter posted this 14 October 2009

Hi

I too use a Lee Classic turret and the Lee auto disc measure,,,, thats what you want the Hornady adapter would cost more than the Lee and you don't have a measure

with the lee you will need a rifle charging riser die,, this gets the measure  high enough to activate the drop

if you have any more questions just ask and you will get answers.. even some you didn't ask for

Have a nice Day

Ray

Attached Files

Hi

I too use a Lee Classic turret and the Lee auto disc measure,,,, thats what you want the Hornady adapter would cost more than the Lee and you don't have a measure

with the lee you will need a rifle charging riser die,, this gets the measure  high enough to activate the drop

if you have any more questions just ask and you will get answers.. even some you didn't ask for

Have a nice Day

Ray

Attached Files

OOOPS

sorrry about that

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 14 October 2009

Hi Ray,

thanks for that. So I need the Lee Auto Disk and the Rifle charging riser die, correct? And this will work in a semi progressive manner on the cast turret press?

I am using Red Dot for a change for my current loads after reading Ed Harris' article on it. It sure is a bulky load... I wonder how it feeds through the auto disk?

I'm loading a lot of .303 british for off hand shooting at present. Also .308 for a Omark Model 44 single shot target rifle and the .375 h and h for target shooting: very accurate with 265 grain lyman projectiles: 1.5 moa.

Thanks for your help on this one,

and good luck with the lead scrounging! I always thought Australia was way more pollitically correct than the US but lead is readily available here, loads of wheel weights, scrap available from junk yards etc. I guess the other truism works here: we're always 10 years behind the rest of the world... thank God!

cheers

James

Attached Files

rwjshooter posted this 15 October 2009

Hi

yes that is what you need I have a few measures set up I use the pro auto disc

and with red dot and see quite good consistency it get jiggled as it goes around and settles the powdre some

I have 8 turrets set and ready to go for my more used calibres

get one and enjoy

have nice day

Ray

Attached Files

Fairshake posted this 06 July 2010

I know this is a old post but maybe I can help someone with this info as I also use a Lee.Buy the 450 powder Die and adapter from Dillon and you can mount and use any press you want. I load black poeder so I have two BP measures. These parts will fit the turret and then you mount the measure of your choice.

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 06 July 2010

Cheers again Fairshake,

I still havn't got around to getting a press mounted powder dispenser so your post was timely!

cheers

James

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 08 July 2010

I use the Lee pro auto measure on all my Lee and Dillon progressive loading machines.

Just avoid long sticks powder,like the old IMR 4198.

I wiil load from 1.5 grains of pistol powder up to 41.5 grains of Vihtavuori N135.,a full power 308Win load.

I use the Pro measure with a strong return spring,not the loo chain attachment.

Quite enough for cast bullets loads,from 32 auto to 458Lott.

When I feel masochist and want bigger loads,I go to to a Redding Powder measure or a Lyman 55.

Some calber have the Lee expanding powder through die,others need the rifle charging die.

The Rfle charging die body must be reamed out to accept the 375H&H and such bigger cases.

Attached Files

Close