LBT 38/357 Group Buy

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 20 November 2009
CB posted this 24 October 2009

LBT 358 Group Buy

This Group Buy Will Close Nov. 22nd, 2009 at Midnight!

2 cavity $100.00 (normally $125.00) 4 cavity $140.00 (normally $175.00) fitted nose punch $8.00 (normally $10.00) Book: Jacketed Performance with Cast Bullets $20.00 (not available separately at this price and must use med shipping box)

You will be able to specify the following:

2 or 4 cavity

bullet diameter

bullet weight* *Note: Please stick to weights listed in his current catalog available here. http://www.lbtmoulds.com/pdf/2007CATALOG.pdf>http://www.lbtmoulds.com/pdf/2007CATALOG.pdf

Nose Type: WFN, LFN, SWC * *See note at bottom of post for definitions and explanations.

PB, GC or BB ( 2 cavity GC, 2 Cavity PB $10.00 extra)(PB - Plain Base, GC - Gas Check, BB - Bevel Base)

lube grooves

Crimp Groove (yes or no)

Complete address, phone number and email address required.

Intended Use: Helps Veral set the bullet up for your particular use. Include firearm make and model. For determining the crimp groove placement. Shipping - Small flat rate box or Med. flat rate box. Note: Please stick to weights listed in his current catalog available here. http://www.lbtmoulds.com/pdf/2007CATALOG.pdf>http://www.lbtmoulds.com/pdf/2007CATALOG.pdf

All LBT molds use RCBS Handles (not included)

Shipping will be via USPS Flat Rate I have added $2.00 per shipping method to cover the cost of bubble wrap to help protect the mold(s). The mold halves will be taped together to help prevent damage. Shipping cost: USA Only Small flat rate box - $7.95 Med. flat rate box - $12.95

International Shipping: Small flat rate box - $14.95 (max weight 4 lbs) Med. flat rate box - $43.95

Checks, Money orders or PayPal (3% extra fee) will be accepted.

To order send PM to Jeff Bowles or an email to [email protected] with all of the infomation above. I will email you back if all of the info is included with instructions where to send the payment or if using PayPal your total and the paypal email address to send it to. When I have received your payment I will post your zip code at the end of this post.

One the GB has ended and I have received all of the payments, I will email the order to LBT for the molds to be made so he can begin working on them while the printed order form and payment is in transit. I expect delivery of the molds in about 2 weeks and allowing a couple of days for packaging the mold in most cases should arrive in your mail box in an additional 7 to 10 days or less.

WFN = Wide Flat Nose LFN = Long Flat Nose

Meplat on the WFN is .090 smaller than body diameter, and ogive length is .25, on all calibers. Maximum suitable nose length for the WFN is .400, while .350 or shorter is an option. Meplat diameter is .125 smaller than body on LFN's of all calibers and ogive length is .400 . Most used nose lengths for the LFN are .350, .400, .450, and .500. The FA 454 requires .4 nose. Blackhawks and S&W's use a .4 (for WFN) or .45 nose length for LFN. Redhawks and other long cylinder guns use up to a .5 nose, with the heavier bullets. If you have questions when ordering, give me the length from the end of your cylinder to a crimped case held snug while measuring. If for a levergun, I normally cut a bit under the .45 nose length to make the LFN feed smoothly. The bullets will of coarse shoot fine in revolvers also, but with less power potential, as more is down inside the powder space.

Note: The LCFN for lever guns is considered a LFN, that is the reason when you order I need you to specify what guns you are using it for and a phone number in case Veral has a question.

Successful Payment receipts: 31545 3122 98034 Italy 95660 43334

1/4/2009 The molds arrived this evening and will go out in the mail tomorrow. You should expect to see your mold in 2-3 days unless it is foreign then 10-12 days. Jeff

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Vassal posted this 24 October 2009

I am not sure I understand. What weight is the bullet? The options would change it slighlty but what general weight?

Attached Files

CB posted this 24 October 2009

The wonderful thing is you get to spec out the diameter as well as other attributes of the bullet including weight. (as long as it is in the catalog available by clicking the link in the main post)

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 28 October 2009

I would appreciate some suggestions on this mold for a Marlin 1894c, it's about 5-6 yrs. old. Reliable feeding from the magazine and accuracy are my priorities. I'd prefer a PB or BB. Should I slug my bore and/or do a chamber cast?  It will mainly be used on paper targets, but could be a backwoods loafer's companion and jackrabbit exterminator. The gun wouldn't feed ANYTHING when it was new, not one single round. Sent it back to Marlin, they fixed it. Someday when things pick up I'd like to have a cowboy gunsmith slick it up. By the way, any reccommendations for a gunsmith that does 'cowboy' guns? I have a Chinese copy of an old Remington double barrel 12 ga (1897?) that really needs help. Thanks Tim:taz:   EDIT: Had a wild thought the other day, how about a Marlin 1894 that shoots pistol cartidges (9mm, ..40 S&W, .45acp) and uses S&W pistol magazines instead of a tube magazine? I know, it's nuts, but I bet Marlin would sell a bunch of guns.

Attached Files

CB posted this 28 October 2009

Veral makes a special bullet profile called a LCFN that works well in lever guns. I suggest you at least slug the barrel to get an accurate dimension for the bullet. 38/357's can range from .358 to .360 or even more depending on the year and make of the rifle. This group buy allows you to specify the diameter, bullet base type, ie: GC. BB or PB, weight, crimp groove and number of lube grooves. I've got one in 180 gr for my single shot NEF.

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 28 October 2009

I would like a 358 4 cavity rifle  bullet mould  (250 grs minimum )for my remington 700

classic 35 whelen,can I join this group buy?

I am a client ,and a fan ov Veral's bullets.

If I am allowed to Join I'll send my requests& pay pal payment.

Regards,

Giorgio.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 09 November 2009

Slugged my 1894c. Pushed a .440 lead round ball thru from the muzzle. It measures .355 across the grooves. This seems unlikely to me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anybody else know their Marlin .357 bore dimensions? I used the round ball because it was handy, I can try a .41 commercial bullet, I'm sure it's a little harder than pure lead. My Marlin is only about 5-6 yrs. old, not fired that much. Thanks.   EDIT; I'm going to try some of RotoMetals chamber cast alloy in it, only up near the muzzle. I want in on this mold deal, just don't really have a clue what constitutes a match bullet in this gun. I've read of shooters claiming 1 1/2” 100 yd. groups with the same gun and a 200 gr. bullet. I'd probably need to see that with my own eyes.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 09 November 2009

OK, the bore cast has had time to cool. It's almost exactly .358 about 2” from the muzzle. Based on what I know I need a .360 to shoot as cast, I'd rather not size if I don't have to. Next decision, bullet weight and pb or gc? Plain base would be nice, just tumble lube the as cast bullets and load. But, the purpose of buying this mold is maximum accuracy from my Marlin. Any advice would be welcome. On a side note, if you're pouring cerrosafe down your muzzle, cover the front of your scope in case of a little runover. No, I didn't burn myself this time.

Attached Files

crash87 posted this 11 November 2009

I'm slightly confused???? Is this for “Any” 358 dia. bullet mold? I was under the impression that Verals molds for revolvers, .357 and under were all called FN (flatnose) Saying that, there would not be a WFN. Although his molds for 358 in the rifle, again asummuing 358WCF,Whelen etc, are called LFN, and can be obtained in LCFN & spitzer. Of course, I'm lumping the 357 mag in a rifle as a revolver cartridge. I own a number of verals molds including a .359 180 gr.FN and a 260gr .360 LCFN (35 Whelen) (also shoot the 180 in a Marlin and Ruger)) but have never seen a WFN in .358, except, when it was mentioned in error. I've also read Verals comments on this subject, And that would be why I am now confused. CRASH87

Attached Files

CB posted this 11 November 2009

Of course Giorgio!

giorgio de galleani wrote: I would like a 358 4 cavity rifle  bullet mould (250 grs minimum )for my remington 700

classic 35 whelen,can I join this group buy?

I am a client ,and a fan ov Veral's bullets.

If I am allowed to Join I'll send my requests& pay pal payment.

Regards,

Giorgio.

Attached Files

CB posted this 11 November 2009

Yes they are called FN, but due to my lazyiness I copied and pasted from another GB on another forum. Yes any base 358 diameter bullet including 357, 358, 359, 360 etc... The LCFN is specifically for leverguns. I have a couple of 358 molds, both are FN's, no you are not confused.. Jeff

crash87 wrote: I'm slightly confused???? Is this for “Any” 358 dia. bullet mold? I was under the impression that Verals molds for revolvers, .357 and under were all called FN (flatnose) Saying that, there would not be a WFN. Although his molds for 358 in the rifle, again asummuing 358WCF,Whelen etc, are called LFN, and can be obtained in LCFN & spitzer. Of course, I'm lumping the 357 mag in a rifle as a revolver cartridge. I own a number of verals molds including a .359 180 gr.FN and a 260gr .360 LCFN (35 Whelen) (also shoot the 180 in a Marlin and Ruger)) but have never seen a WFN in .358, except, when it was mentioned in error. I've also read Verals comments on this subject, And that would be why I am now confused. CRASH87

Attached Files

CB posted this 20 November 2009

This GB will end Sunday at midnight. If you want to get in on this group buy, I need to hear from you before then. If you want in on this, please make sure you supply all of the info asked so it will not hold up production of the molds. Jeff

Attached Files

Close