AB357, California Assembly Bill for right-to-carry, California Members please note

• 4K Views
  • Last Post 26 January 2010
corerf posted this 06 January 2010

Be advised, January 12th, this month, next week, is the hearing date. Be quick about support.

AB357 is the end to the need for “cause” to obtain a concealed carry permit in California. To date, you must “prove” that you need to carry a gun to protect valubles, assets etc in a high crime situation. (Jewelers, cash handlers, etc).

AB357 will completely DROP the need to provide “cause". if you pass the exam and do the training, fill out form and are not a felon, you GET A PERMIT.

Attached is a link to the ILA-NRA messageboard with contact info for Assembly seats.

Please if your a resident in California like I am, this needs your immediate attention.

Be COOL with the language you use to express your desire to support AB357.

CCW carriers are to be level headed, not spazed out gunowners with anger towards politicians.

Thanks for the help in getting AB357 passed, for the safety and well being of California.

Best Regards

Mike

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4653>http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4653

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tturner53 posted this 07 January 2010

Well done Mike. Myself and at least one other person will contact our representatives and the committee members. It's very easy to do on the NRA site. This is how grass roots works. This is how we take back control of our state. Good job. Any other Cal. gunowners out there? It is shameful that we can get permits in states where we don't even live and not in our own state. We need this law passed. Even the Sacramento County Sherriff himself has stated newfound support for right to carry and further warned citizens to expect to be on their own more than ever due to dept. budget cuts. Huge numbers of deputies have been laid off! Come on guys, sound off! Are you in?  EDIT: I promise to be COOL, say 'Honorable' and 'sir' and not make a fool of myself. The idea is to accomplish a mission

Attached Files

Bucks Owin posted this 09 January 2010

I guess the days when your answer to why you need a permit can be “To comply with the law” are over huh? I will be sending my support to ILA, thanks for the post....Dennis ;) PS: Let's ALL us NRA members be sure to participate in the NRA “TAG Poll” form that was sent out recently. Deadline is Feb 12 as I remember...

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 09 January 2010

The CRPA has a magazine, 'The Firing Line'. In the January issue is a pre-printed letter supporting a new bill, AB373, which would repeal AB 962, the ammunition registration scheme. I would like to see someone with the skill and equipment to post a copy of that letter on this site and any other gun related sites so that more people can copy it and send it in to the CRPA. I would do it but don't know how and don't have a scanner. Thanks  Tim    EDIT: I will make photo copies and distribute them locally.

Attached Files

devin1955 posted this 09 January 2010

tt, Not sure if this is exactly what you're referring to, but I found this, which may suffice.

http://www.calnra.com/petition/>http://www.calnra.com/petition/

I went to the CRPA site and looked all over, and couldn't find the letter you referred to. You'd think they'd make it easy to find that stuff, wouldn't you? -Don

----

I noticed the pdf link at the bottom of that page. This might be the letter you were originally looking for.

http://www.calnra.com/doc/supportab373.pdf

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 09 January 2010

Don, thanks, yes that is the same letter the CRPA is circulating. All we have to do is fill in a couple lines at the bottom and mail it to the address provided at the bottom of the page. I am hoping to hear here from ALL our California members with a “I'm in". Five minutes and one stamp. The letter in the previous link(the bottom one) is easy to print out, make a couple copies for your friends. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to register my handgun ammo purchases or have to leave my own freakin' state to buy ammo.   Tim

Attached Files

devin1955 posted this 10 January 2010

In case there was any doubt, “I'm in". -Don

Attached Files

CB posted this 12 January 2010

That is the way Ohio has become, just take the training, fill out the forms and pass a background check. Maybe Ohio and California can work out an agreement.

Jerry

Attached Files

corerf posted this 17 January 2010

It got killed officially in commitee, 4 to 1.

4 to 1

I hate my state.

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 18 January 2010

you can still open carry in cal.

Attached Files

corerf posted this 18 January 2010

In the country, runfiverun. If you read the regs, you can pretty much not open carry anywhere you would care to.

I always hunt with a pistol, but what the heck. If I can hunt, then likely I am already armed. See the problem. I don't need a gun when I hunt, I already have one.

When I am not hunting, 95% of the remaining state is banned from being armed, open or concealed.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 18 January 2010

Small consolation; as far as I know concealed carry is a 'wobbler' but is usually a misdemeanor on the first conviction. This is based on what I've read on sites such as Calgun or the CRPA. I'm not saying this option is acceptable, just 'is what it is'. For most people most of the time the risk of conviction involves a misdemeanor, not a felony, on the first offense, which would be in the event you have need to go for it. Our situation in Cal. forces many people to make a cost/benefit decision that puts them on the wrong side of the law but the right side of common sense and self preservation. There are many counties where residents of that county don't have to prove 'cause' to the sherriff, just need a clean record.

Attached Files

codarnall posted this 26 January 2010

Problem, problem, problem, spit on the side walk, carry when you shouldn't be and you're a mental case CA Code  W&I 5150 will cause you to loose your privileges to own in CA for five years just for the assertion you may have an “illness".  This is one of the covert methods to collect our tools. According to my sources the CASE Law in CA goes for benefiting the agency making the charge.   This is the second time I remember the  closing campgrounds at opening day.  Closed in the summer for fire, winter for ice , meanwhile we loose thousands of acres to fire bugs and the forestry mismanagment.  Fire a rubbberband gun, technically a firearm, in the city limits and it's a felony.....yes, oh yes!  Launching any object ... this is a firearm.  Ridiculous? Charlie

Attached Files

Peoples Republic  of California is comin' your way baby!

Attached Files

Carry in CA!

You do and you're  taking your life in your hands.

SWAT was called a couple of weeks ago when a hunter / shooter was unloading his gear  into his home.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 26 January 2010

There are many counties in Cal. that are not insane. If you are a resident then you can get a CCW unless you're prohibited from having a gun for some reason.

Attached Files

That's what I'm getting at:  Some reason is any reason!  Ventura is liberal in issuing the ccw.  I have been assaulted by PO's carrying a RWS to my neighbors two doors away.  They were at the ready.  Rifle was over my shoulder.  You 'd thing they had Obama, I mean Osama.  PO's tell me you can't guess what's coming next down the road (time). Anyway if your need a gun to go some place it's better not to go! Charlie

Attached Files

Close