GB on 311365

• 4.7K Views
  • Last Post 03 March 2011
Wayne S posted this 02 April 2010

Not sure if this belongs here , just thought some might be interested in this bullet

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=80372>http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=80372

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
DAMRON G posted this 02 April 2010

Hey,those are the bullets I donated  as a pattern,I'm glad to see soemthing come of it..I think the large forward nose slowly getting to bore diameter is why this spitzer shoots so well.

George

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 03 April 2010

I've been eyeballin those up and wondering if anyone has had success with them. I need at least a .314 base size but .305 nose might be a little large and that long spitzer style has caused me some accuracy issues before in years past so tend to avoid them now. I'm curious as to what size bore and groove that you were shooting them in? Seems to me you would have to shoot them with some speed to keep stable. Appreciate ny and all information. Thanks

MISSOURIANS for MOSINS

Attached Files

Wayne S posted this 03 April 2010

DAMRON,

What are you shooting these in ? and what are your 100 & 200 yd. accucary results ??

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 03 April 2010

I have this mould, a (1950's ?) Ideal single cavity. I've tried to 'make' it work in my 1903 Springfield with a well worn throat but it just doesn't 'cooperate'. It falls out of the mould with too small of a base, even with 100 per cent mono.

Tom

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 03 April 2010

Tom Acheson wrote: I have this mould, a (1950's ?) Ideal single cavity. I've tried to 'make' it work in my 1903 Springfield with a well worn throat but it just doesn't 'cooperate'. It falls out of the mould with too small of a base, even with 100 per cent mono.

Tom

I've never shot it in a worn throat rifle.I have used it in a  Ruger 77V 308,Rem 700V 308, and  2 groove Springfields with good luck.The 308's shot the bullet better than any ohetrs (.6-.8 best groups @ 100) and the Springfields shot it as well as the 311284 and 311299( 1.5 @ 100 with irons),but being a 1 cavity i prefer to use the others as i have 4 cavity versions of those.I may buy one of teh NOE's in a  cavity.

if you send the mold to Erik Ohlen of HP Molds he can open up the band of the bullet to .314 or something if you want.He opened up a couple of bullet bands for me on his CNC mill and i'm happy with the results.

George

Attached Files

I shot it at about 1600 and it was stable in 1-10 and 1-12 twist rifles.I also have shot the 311329 and have had decent results,but cant remember the details.I shoot a Modern Bond plainbase spitzer  .30 cal that goes about 192 and its stable at 1175.Hard to figure out why it hits point on at such low velocity.

Dont let the .305 diameter scare you,its the start of the nose not the full diameter.

It looks like i'll cast a few up and shoot them in my Mosin  and p-17 30-06 to see what it will do.

George

Attached Files

Thanks George thats what I need to know the main plan is to shoot it in my Mosin but will probably get a work out in some other 30 cals. as well.

Richard

MISSOURIANS for MOSINS

Attached Files

Wayne S posted this 03 April 2010

George,

After to cast some could you please  stick one nose first in one of your newer 308 barrels and give it a twist or two marking the contact point on the nose against the lands /

Attached Files

I will cast a bunch up and send samples if anybody wants try in them their barrels.

PM if anybody want s samples.I'll include 10-15 in each envelope.Just send shipping cost when it arrives,probably a buck or two.It's only a single cavity so be nice<G>

George

Attached Files

Thats generous of you George, but I don't think that I need any. Spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out what size that I need think I'll order the .316 and size to fit.

Richard

MISSOURIANS FOR MOSINS

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 03 April 2010

MAN oh MAN. I wish I would have seen this a few weeks ago! Nimrod be sure to report back with results when you get your mold! That is a reall beauty, and with that nose you should be pretty good in the MOSINS! Great find!

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 08 April 2010

I cast and sent bullets for a few of you.The plot of the bullet at the front of the thread shows a .305 nose diameter.It actually starts at .308 right after the drive band in the alloy i just cast with.It could be it is .307 at the “undisclosed" location on the nose measured,but not at the start of the nose.You guys measure it and see what you get.

George

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 08 April 2010

George,

Could you send me a couple of the 311365's.

Attached Files

swedenelson posted this 03 March 2011

This buy has ran. If you have a interest we has some in stock. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=108231>http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=108231

Swede Nelson

Attached Files

Close