LBT moulds

• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 15 May 2010
billwnr posted this 18 April 2010

Used my LBT mould from the group buy for the first time yesterday. In the beginning I thought “not much different from any other mould” as I had issues with creases and such.

After the mould got hot I saw the difference. The channelled sprue plate makes it easy to hold the heat in and cast good bullets. I rarely had a reject once it got hot. The sprue plate is sharp enough where a push with the hand cuts the sprue. Also, lead spills and “dots” do not stick to this mould. They easily are removed.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Vassal posted this 18 April 2010

I too recently recieved my first custom LBT mold. I am amzed by the Sprue plate. The sprues drop free everytime, I use a ladle and getting a smooth pour is MUCH easier. The proper production process leaves the bullets falling from the mold with ease. The alignment pins are much deeper and more precise than Lyman type molds. Unless I can't afford it, or Veral won't make what I want, I don't see buying from any other. 

NOW if I could just figure out how to order the “right” bullet

design   :dunce:.

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 18 April 2010

Once i followed Veral's directions that came with the mold it worked perfect,at first i did it my (wrong for an LBT).I have never had to adjust any screw or pin on an LBT.

George

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 18 April 2010

Awhile back I wanted some LBT molds really bad !

Never got any and kinda forgot about them . When the last group buy came up I wanted to try one for my 444 , but since I was going to be out of the country when I assumed I may be called about the mold I backed out .

Now there's another Group Buy going and I think I want to go ahead and order a pair for my 444's .>

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 27 April 2010

Shot the bullets last Sunday and it was an accurate bullet out of my 6 inch Dan Wesson .357. Load was 3.4 grains of Tightgroup in .357 cases.

A note to myself is to seat the bullets to the top of the crimp groove rather than the bottom as they were a very snug fit in the cylinder. Some bullets required a bit of an assist to get the cylinder to cycle.

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 27 April 2010

:coffee 6pt-sitka, Craig, you really ought to try one.  I just got one in 41 mag, they do really pour like a dream!  I love mine.

Ron

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 27 April 2010

Agreed. Mine's a beauty, it's a 358-200LFN for a Marlin 1894. They are dropping right about .360, exactly what I needed. Very easy to make real good bullets with this mold.

Attached Files

Changeling posted this 28 April 2010

Why would anyone be surprised, he make the best molds available!!

Attached Files

offhand35 posted this 28 April 2010

I had purchased and read Veral's book long before I got an LBT mold.....I finally justified one when I was working up an “odd” diameter for my NMBH in 41 mag.....I had decided I wanted a .412 bullet for my .4115 bore, and the cylinder was originally .410. I polished out the chambers to .412. I asked for .412, and that is what the mold drops with my alloy! I am also VERY pleased with the way these shoot! I was on the verge of giving up on this revolver with cast and jacketed, until I worked up a load with this .412 WFNBB that I had gotten from one of his “sales". They are a dream to cast with. It's funny how you think something is “oooohkay...” until you discover the best!

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 28 April 2010

hunterspistol wrote: :coffee 6pt-sitka, Craig, you really ought to try one.  I just got one in 41 mag, they do really pour like a dream!  I love mine.

Ron

I think I'm gonna go ahead and send Jeff a MO for a pair actually !

I don't have enough molds for the 444 yet so I figured I'd get 320 and 340 grainers !

One can never have to many molds , for guns they shoot a fair amount !

Attached Files

CB posted this 29 April 2010

6pt,

You can never have too many molds! Just like you can never have too many guns!

I am shopping around for many different molds and types of molds. Some times I buy factory rejects, there is a rifle or a pistol out there that I will have a bullet for.

Jerry

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 29 April 2010

Yep went ahead and sent a Postal MO today for a pair of 2 cavity molds and two TP's !

Got a 320 grainer and a 340 grainer coming I hope !

Attached Files

curator posted this 29 April 2010

I've got at least one LBT mould for every one of my serious cast shooting rifles and handguns. They are the best, hands down. Easy to cast with. Bullets are the correct size/shape for your individual gun. Accurate, and perform better than any other designs. I am really sold on his Long Flat nose profile for hunting bullets in rifle and pistol.

Attached Files

CB posted this 30 April 2010

The above comments are the reason I started doing the group buys for Veral.

I have been using LBT molds for competition since 2004 when I bought my first for $85..

Now I have quite a few. 2 and 4 cavity for rifle and pistols. All cast great, all shoot great. I couldn't ask for a better mold.

If you read the instructions Veral sends with each mold, you will not have any issues. I like George didnt do that on my first one but after I read them, I had absolutely no problems.

There is another group buy going on right now on this forum and over at Cast Boolits and in the upcoming issue of the Fouling Shot. It is pretty much open ended WFN or LFN your choice on diameter, base style, lube grooves and crimp groove. This is a great opportunity to get a premier mold at a discount price.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 14 May 2010

Alright this got into my pocket enough !

I'm in for FOUR 2 cavity molds for the 444 now !

A 320 grainer , 340 grainer , 375 grainer and 400 grainer !

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 14 May 2010

Wow, you went Large, right there. Four molds at once? :shock:  Not to worry, they will be the best you have ever tried! :cool:

Ron

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 15 May 2010

hunterspistol wrote:      Wow, you went Large, right there. Four molds at once? :shock:  Not to worry, they will be the best you have ever tried! :cool:

Ron

Hmmm by the time the summers over I should have three 375 grain and three 400 grain molds for the 444 !

I already have a mold for each from Mountain Molds , the pair I just ordered from LBT and another pair from BPR . Actually I'll be getting 4 from BPR as I plan on having HP's of both versions as well !

I'll get enough molds this summer most likely to keep me busy for a year or so !

Attached Files

Close