Lubrisizer die service

• 2.8K Views
  • Last Post 19 October 2010
Duane Mellenbruch posted this 17 May 2010

The March-April issue of the Fouling Shot has an add by David Wilson to custom size existing dies.  Email sent to the address in the add is bouncing.  Does anyone know if there is a better email address for this individual?  Duane

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Wayne S posted this 17 May 2010

Don't know about this fellow, but there is someone on the cast boolits  forum that makes H&I dies from scratch. mine was good for .0005 or .2865  he goes by the handle “Buck Shot"

Attached Files

fc60 posted this 17 May 2010

Greetings,

I entered the world of High Speed Internet.

New email is ...

fc60net at comcast dot net

Cheers,

Dave Wilson

Attached Files

CB posted this 29 May 2010

I use a guy over on Cast Boolits to make my Star Sizer dies from scratch.

Jerry

Attached Files

Maven posted this 30 May 2010

"...there is someone on the cast boolits  forum that makes H&I dies from scratch. mine was good for .0005 or .2865  he goes by the handle “Buck Shot."

His handle on the Cast Boolit site is Buckshot (one word) and he does excellent work.

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 30 May 2010

when I need work done I will ASSUREDLY contact those who advertise in the Fouling Shot first!    ;}

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 30 May 2010

Vassal wrote: when I need work done I will ASSUREDLY contact those who advertise in the Fouling Shot first!    ;}

Ditto for me. I've been trying to find a polite way of saying this. No disrespect to cast boolit members but Dave Wilson is advertising with the CBA

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 30 May 2010

I've known Dave, and have been priveleged to call him a friend, for over 20 years. The only complaint I've ever had with his work is that sometimes I don't think he charges enough. In addition to turning out custom honed sizing dies, there are several pretty well known bullseye and international pistol shooters that are very happily shooting .32 barrels he has chambered.

All-around good guy to do business with.

Wes

Attached Files

CB posted this 30 May 2010

Dave,

What all do you make in styles and diameters in sizing dies? I have 2 Star Sizers and will be need some sizer dies in a couple of months. If they work and are the quality I am looking for, I don't care how long they take to make, so long as you don't say Christmas, but your not sure of what year.

The spec that I am looking for is the standard Star lube hole placement. HT'd and very tight spec on the diameters, When I order dies, I generally order 4 or 5 in sets, like .309, .3095,.311, .312

I will be in need of some dies for for.377 maybe up to .380, in .001 increments.

If things continue as they have, I may be looking for some .512 dies.

Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

mtgrs737 posted this 30 May 2010

I think you mean .001” increments, Jerry.

Attached Files

CB posted this 31 May 2010

Yes your right, thanks for pointing that out.

Jerry

Attached Files

LeverBob posted this 19 June 2010

Just received my newly honed die from David. The turnaround was within 5 days. Great service and the workmanship is superb. He gave me all that I asked for in honing a Lyman die from .430 to .432. My old micrometer says so. He made a new pin as well. I am very pleased. :dude:

I highly recommend David for this work & as the price was too low, I sent him $25.00 instead of the $22.00 he asked for.

LeverBob

Attached Files

Bob 11B50 posted this 19 October 2010

Hello Leverbob,

I read your post about David Wilson fixing up a H and I die for you.  I have a die or two that need attention also.  Would you  have David Wilson's email and snail mail address?  I have not been able to locate his address. 

Thanks,

Bob 11B50

Attached Files

LeverBob posted this 19 October 2010

Bob 11B50 wrote: Hello Leverbob,

I read your post about David Wilson fixing up a H and I die for you.  I have a die or two that need attention also.  Would you  have David Wilson's email and snail mail address?  I have not been able to locate his address. 

Thanks,

Bob 11B50

Sure...anything for a brother....

David Wilson

12607 215th Ave. Ct. E

Bonnie Lake, Wa. 98391 fc60net at comcast dot net

Just send the die with a note of what you want. He will do the work & send it back to you with the bill including postage. He quoted me $22.00 & that was what it was. After examining the workmanship I thought it was to low...so I sent him more.

That's the nature of our fraternity...he is def. one of us. Great job!

By the way, I'm going to send him three more for honing. I imagine he can make one from scratch better than the factories...whatever you want.

G-D bless you & yours Bob B)

LeverBob

Postscript: Just had an email sent back as undeliverable, don't know why.

Attached Files

Close