New in NM

• 1.5K Views
  • Last Post 09 November 2010
jr460 posted this 05 November 2010

Hello

I now live in Regina New Mexico. This is the best place I could find out west low taxes and millions of acres to roam, hunt, fish and shoot well past 1000 yds if you want. I own Hunters Supply cast bullets and have run this company for over forty years. This forum is the best on the web a lot of great info. Hope to meet you all on the firing line. If you have questions about commercial casting let me know I will tell you what I have learned. 

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 05 November 2010

Welcome to the forum. After 40 years you must know a ton of real life applications for casting bullets. We hope to draw on your knowledge. Ric

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 05 November 2010

I see you have a lot of trigger time yourself. In my years I have learn altitude, temperature and humidity are key to making good commercial bullets. When I was in Texas I was at 350 ft above sea level humidity ran 80-90 percent and temperature ran in the 80-100+. Now I am at 7600 ft temperature run 50-70 and humidity is 15 percent. I can run the machines here at a 40% increase and never over heat the moulds. In Texas had a real problem with over heating moulds. Which made rounded bases, but here this is a very rare thing only in July and August this is the wet time of the year with high humidity.    

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 06 November 2010

I love the high desert! We had a rain storm here last week, 0.02” of water fell out of the sky! Ric

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 06 November 2010

Hi JR, welcome to the CBA. Like most of us here I like rolling my own, but occasionally will buy some bullets just to try a new type. I'll check out your line. Do you shoot a lot of cbs?

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 06 November 2010

Hi tturner53

Yes I have sent a lot of CB down range. I hunt with CB and shoot competitively with CB.I am always trying out new moulds looking for the magic bullet that will shoot in the same hole for all guns in that caliber. Have come up with some good ones, but always looking, guess that is the American way always trying to better what we have. 

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

CB posted this 06 November 2010

RicinYakima wrote: I love the high desert! We had a rain storm here last week, 0.02” of water fell out of the sky! Ric

Last winter here in Arizona we had a 10” rain storm! One drop on the ground every 10 inches. :)

Welcome to the CBA forum jr. Yep, you really live out in the middle a nowheres New Mexico................Dan

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 07 November 2010

I love the high desert! We had a rain storm here last week, 0.02” of water fell out of the sky! Ric

So true  

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

mike morrison posted this 08 November 2010

welcome jr. have missed you and your family at the cas shoots since you left texas. you will like it here. nice folks and they got lotsa knowledge. m

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 09 November 2010

Hello Mike

Long time since Texas, been giving those prairie dogs heck here, cas guns are sure fun in a prairie dog town .Be safe keep shooting.

JR 

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

CB posted this 09 November 2010

JR,

Welcome. If you are into CBA competition be sure to get in touch with Bob Birmley our VP who lives in Cimarron and is interested in getting NM shooter to matches. 575/ 376 - 2095/ [email protected]

John

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 09 November 2010

Hello John

Will do, never shoot CBA competition but it should be fun. Can I shoot sporting and military in the same day? Ore are they two different matches? I will get in touch with Bob Birmley.

JR

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

Close