New from North East Ohio

• 1.4K Views
  • Last Post 14 December 2010
smallbshooter posted this 03 December 2010

I'm new to bullet casting but have been hand loading for 30 yrs a good friend has been mentoring me for the last couple of months and now that winter is getting settled in I thought I would join a forum and start reading and learning. I'm really interested in casting for some smaller oddball stuff like the .221 Fireball and the .219 Donaldson Wasp I have a TC Encore and a barrel in each cal. from EABC and really looking forward to casting for each  

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
gunarea posted this 03 December 2010

Hey Small bullet

Welcome to you. Helpful information is abundant here. You will do well to dig into past threads for pointers and advice. There are many of us who cast the little slugs. For me they are mainly sabot components, but the cartridges you mention are very popular. As a seasoned reloader, you will no doubt master casting and soon realize the satisfaction from making your own premium bullets. It is my pleasure to greet you, I look forward to reading about your endeavors.

Roy 

Shoot often, Shoot well

Attached Files

smallbshooter posted this 04 December 2010

Thank you gunarea for the welcome,I look forward to digging in and learning as much about this wonderful Sport/hobby form all of you cb shooters

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 04 December 2010

Welcome to the CBA! You're starting off with some interesting projects.

Attached Files

smallbshooter posted this 04 December 2010

Thanks tturner53 for the welcome I'm looking forward to learning alot from you guys

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 04 December 2010

Welcome aboard Smallbore.  I worked in Tule Lake one goose season and they sent me to Klamath Falls quite a bit.  You live in some good country.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 04 December 2010

Sorry Smallbore  I had a senior moment and mixed you up with Fig1.  OOps!

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

4060may posted this 06 December 2010

I live South of you, If you need any help , or guidance PM and we could get together. I have a .219 Zipper on a FBW action, haven't tried cast yet I have a GC RCBS .22 mold casts 55grs in Lino. Chuck

Attached Files

smallbshooter posted this 10 December 2010

Thanks alot 4060may I just might take you up on that offer when the weather clears abit. I just now broke in my 221 FB and I'm waiting for my new barrel form EABCO in 219 DW I have a Lyman 225438 that cast 46gr GC with WW and a RD TL225-55 that I have not used yet Tom

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 10 December 2010

Welcome to the forum.  I shoot that 225438 in a 22 Hornet, via TC Contender.  Also like 32-20, 32 mag, 7mmTCU and 41 mag.   You're in the right place here :showdown:  Lol !

Ron

Attached Files

Lefty posted this 14 December 2010

Hi Smallbullet Good to see this thread. I am an avid 221 fireball fan but have never tried cast. It is my favorite prairie dog caliber.

I also do business with EABCO. I have a 25-20 barrel for my Encore and a Model 97 in 30-30. He does good work.

Welcome aboard!

Jim

Attached Files

Close