• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 19 November 2015
jseaman posted this 08 December 2010

I am thankful that I found this site.  I am retired Law Enforcement with 33 years of service.  I enjoy hunting, fly fishing, reloading and the shooting sports.  I have been reloading for 30 plus years, but have little experience with bullet casting.  I look forward to getting an education on the subject through this forum.  I have a particular interest in long range shooting and hunting with cast bullets.  Most of my big game hunting is with a Browning High Wall in 45-70.  I have other 45-70's and a 45-90 that I am interested in working up loads for.  Thanks for letting me be a part of your passion. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 08 December 2010

Welcome Always glad to have another caster join us.

Jeff

Attached Files

mike morrison posted this 08 December 2010

welcome you will like it here. m

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 08 December 2010

There are quite a few cast bullet shooters here in Eastern Washington, you are welcome to any help we can be to you. Thanks for joining us. Ric

Attached Files

Steel 13 posted this 08 December 2010

Welcome from the Left side, although I'm a transplant from Republic, 30 miles from the Canada border.

Attached Files

frank l jr posted this 09 December 2010

:Dwelcome aboard jseaman, lots of good folks and info here.

Attached Files

jseaman posted this 09 December 2010

Thanks Jeff!

Attached Files

Thank you, Mike.

Attached Files

I look forward to the education.  Thanks Ric.

Attached Files

I've been in Republic many times and lived in Kent for awhile.  Started my Career with Colville P.D. back in 1972.  Thanks for the welcome!

Attached Files

Thanks Frank.  I have family in Mineral Wells.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 09 December 2010

Welcome.

I hope to be over in Moses Lake in 2011 myself.

Attached Files

jseaman posted this 10 December 2010

If your interested, let me know when your heading over.  Perhaps we can meet for a cup and talk casting, etc.

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 30 September 2015

Welcome to the forum Jseaman. Looks like we have quite a number of members from this state, though I'm on the wet side, 20 miles from the Pacific Ocean..

Attached Files

tlkeizer posted this 02 October 2015

Greetings, Welcome. I too have found this forum to be extremely interesting, though I am not particularly into the finer technicalities of cast bullet esoterics I find the writings interesting and helpful. I shoot 45-70 cast in original Trapdoor rifles, and this has been a wonderful site as a resource of data and people with knowledge. If you are interested in my experiences so far look up my threads under my name. At his point I am not into development but rather finishing out a quest for a caribou with a trapdoor. If you have particular questions about my experiences, either address them on the forum for open discussion, or email me direct through the forum; I have no problem with displaying my lack of knowledge in the open forums.

TK

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 19 November 2015

Jseaman; I've also been shooting 45-70's and a 45-2 7/8” Sharps.   I've used cast bullets and smokeless in the lever guns and the holy black in the single shots.  This includes paper patch bullets too.  After that, I put all old rifles on a diet of cast lead.  

Attached Files

Close