• 2.7K Views
  • Last Post 11 January 2015
Tuner posted this 16 December 2010

Have had several people recommend that I check out the Cast Bullet Ass. Forum with nothing but good things to say about it.  I have been a shooter, reloader and bullet caster for the past 55+ years and thoroughly enjoy the sport.  I was early on a competative high power shooter and then got involved in bulseye / 2700 pistol shooting when in the service.  Have been out of the competative game for many years but not out of working up loads for mine and the rifles of my friends.  I converted from jacketed to cast bullets for hunting in my revolvers many years ago and am constantly amazed at how well they shoot when properly assembled.  Time permitting I will probably start working up cast loads for my TC G2 30-30 carbine and my commercial Mauser .35 Whalen just for something different to shoot.  I look to gaining information on this forum and to perhaps providing some information also.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
hunterspistol posted this 16 December 2010

:wcome:  to the Cast Bullet Association forum.  You won't be alone in you love of TCs or handguns at all.  I shoot several calibers in Contenders.   Lots of good info and reading here.

Ron

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 17 December 2010

Welcome to the forum, tuner. We're a fairly laid back bunch without alot of the yelling and screaming that goes on other forums. We just like to shoot cast bullets accurately and consistantly. There's folks here from around the world and all contributions are welcome.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 17 December 2010

Welcome aboard Tuner.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 17 December 2010

Good to have you here, Tuner. I'm always looking for real life experience (55+ years)as oppossed to what they read somewhere. Ric

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 10 January 2015

Welcome Tuner,

this is a great site!

People from all over the world into casting bullets. I'm from Australia, as are a few others. Also members from Itally, NZ etc.

Nice site and oh so helpful!!

enjoy!

James

Attached Files

muley posted this 11 January 2015

Welcome aboard Tuner.  with the 35 whelen u might want to check the Fouling Shot for

some of the loads used by Rudy who shoots at the Issac Walton league in

Leetown, WV. he has set some cast bullet records with his 35 whelen.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 11 January 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=5118>Tuner

You will have a lot of fun with the 35 Whelen. It is one of those cartridges that is magical with cast  when you get a good fitting bullet. Consider casting Lyman #2 into this terrific mold for the Whelen:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005I0KDSQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2CZZG684PZNWI&coliid=I7GHTMUT0A99Y>http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005I0KDSQ/ref=wlitdpopCSttl?encoding=UTF8&colid=2CZZG684PZNWI&coliid=I7GHTMUT0A99Y

It really likes about 53 gr IMR3031 in the 35 Whelen for a superb Bear or Deer load. Check the data in Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook #4. pp 191

Gary

Attached Files

Close