VICKERS .22 LR ROOK AND RABBIT RIFLE

• 4.2K Views
  • Last Post 25 January 2012
DAMRON G posted this 08 February 2011

I traded for an odd Martini type .22 single shot.it is made by Vickers and is a one piece stocked affair.Barrel and action are machined from one cylinder.The rest of the guts are pure Cadet from what i can tell.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

old ad

Attached Files

another pic

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 08 February 2011

George,

What is the bore like?

Try some Eley Sport in it and show us targets!

Inquiring minds want to know.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 08 February 2011

Neat little rifle. Are you going to bring it to the Yakima gun show in two weeks? Ric

Attached Files

bore only Ok,but shot at 50' and was one hole with irons and RWS R50.Wil shoot outdoors this weekend.

George

Attached Files

RicinYakima wrote: Neat little rifle. Are you going to bring it to the Yakima gun show in two weeks? Ric Sure,if i make it up there.

george

Attached Files

bsdger45 posted this 08 February 2011

Here is one that I have had for 20 years....The Vickers Match Rifle

The bore has been lined, with the muzzle stamped  “AGP” "PARKERIFLED"  The front sight is an AG Parker Model 2.  The folding aparature rear sight is unmarked.  Bore is perfect.

Attached Files

bsdger45 posted this 08 February 2011

This ad is from Arms and The Man

September 15, 1922

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 09 February 2011

Nice rifle.My Martini 15 had a parkerliner.Word is they out shot the original barrels.Mine was accurate.

george

Attached Files

bsdger45 posted this 09 February 2011

I have also heard that they were superior to the origional rifling. I have BSA 12 and 12/15 rifles that are all PARKERIFLED, as is another that has a take down barrel. Your MKII Rabbit & Rook rifle I have not seen before, and looks very handy. Mine is a little muzzle heavy. They are all a joy to shoot. Not shown in the pix is a rail on the forearm. Reading the first paragraph of your ad, it appears that the MKII came out after the match rifle. Can you date your ad?. John

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 09 February 2011

My friend, Barry, has one rechambered to K Hornet and stocked in Ash. I was only the other evening trying to get him to sell it to me.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 09 February 2011

JeffinNZ wrote: My friend, Barry, has one rechambered to K Hornet and stocked in Ash. I was only the other evening trying to get him to sell it to me. I thought of hornet'ing it.A buddy has a reamer for tighter necked shorter throat std. Hornet that i cold borrow.I'll shoot it a bit first as a @22lr.

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 20 February 2011

shot it at 50 yards last week and it shot 4” patterns with many makes of ammo.Took it to Argie1891's place and he re-crowned it for me.i was ready to put a liner in it(bore is less than stellar) it and all it needed was a crown.

here is how it shot about every group with Federal American Eagle at 50 yards.At least its plinking capable now.Forgot my good match ammo and other hi-vel stuff shot badly.Some of the Remington HP Goldenbullet” had case ruptures near the rim.None happened in the other gun i was shooting that day with that ammo so maybe the Vickers has a goofed chamber?

George

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 21 February 2011

George, are the cases rupturing over the extractor? My rolling block extractor sits a touch too low and the case bulge in that area but do not rupture.
I am surprised the wee rifle does not shoot better.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

303PV posted this 21 February 2011

Some information: http://www.rifleman.org.uk/VickersMartinirifles.htm

Attached Files

DAMRON G posted this 21 February 2011

JeffinNZ wrote: George, are the cases rupturing over the extractor? My rolling block extractor sits a touch too low and the case bulge in that area but do not rupture.
I am surprised the wee rifle does not shoot better.
Extractor may be the problem,i hadnt thought of that.As for shooting better,the bore is not good at all.I will eventually reliine it,but for now i'll plink with it.A pal said he  has a line on a Parker liner.if is comes though i'll do it in a heartbeat.

George

Attached Files

frank l jr posted this 21 February 2011

what a cutie!! got my heart going pitter-patter. i have never seen one quite like it. beautimus!! see ya

frank l jr

Attached Files

Davo posted this 25 January 2012

I have a non-saami spec, (not sloppy) K-Hornet chamber reamer I had made...Would mebbe sell it as I am mainly into suppressed rimfires anymore (Or you could just swap me that intriguing little rifle!:D I am a sucker for small-frame Martinis! ;)) Davo    e-mail: [email protected]

DAMRON G wrote: JeffinNZ wrote: My friend, Barry, has one rechambered to K Hornet and stocked in Ash. I was only the other evening trying to get him to sell it to me. I thought of hornet'ing it.A buddy has a reamer for tighter necked shorter throat std. Hornet that i cold borrow.I'll shoot it a bit first as a @22lr.

Attached Files

Close