Barrel photos

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 26 April 2011
Rifle 57 posted this 22 March 2011

I thought some of you might like to see some photos of a barrel that I finished last night. It is for a Stolle Panda benchrest rifle. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

Attached Files

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 23 March 2011

I would put that on the mantle, too pretty to get dirty.

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 23 March 2011

Thanks tturner53 ! But it will get used as soon as the guy it belongs to comes and gets it tonight.I guess my 30 year old lathe still works ok.

Attached Files

2Tite posted this 23 March 2011

Obviously not your first one......Hunh

Attached Files

No it is not my first one. I probably shouldn't have started this post as I am not a paid sponsor yet but hope to be one as soon as I can afford it.I was just trying to get something to talk about on this forum. Just seemed that things are a little slow on this great site at times.I just did not think about it soon enough.Thanks.

Attached Files

CB posted this 23 March 2011

Rifle57 Paid Sponsor? You must hang out over at Kens site. If you would like to advertise your services the worst I will ask you to do is become a CBA member, but be fore warned, I will not be responsible if you get to buzy.

Jeff

Attached Files

Ok thanks Jeff I think I could handle that easy enough. Loren

Attached Files

Smoke-um if you got-um posted this 25 April 2011

I stepped away from Benchrest shooting in 1999. Back then the hot barrels were Shilen, Lilja, Hart, McMillan etc. Kreiger was a relative newcomer at the time. What are the “hot” barrels now in the present?  By the way, nice looking work. I've always wished I had the talent to do that. In lieu of that, Clarence Hammond, Red Lion Pa. has/had built all my rifles. He was a  top Benchrest Gunsmith back in those days. I shot with other top smiths like Seely Masker, Bob White, Jim Borden, Randy Fritz,  all on the East Coast. Seeing your photo presentation brought old memories back to life. I've only got one PPC left and rarely shoot it these days. May have to dust it off and take it to the range this spring. Thanks,

Mike

Attached Files

James Ball posted this 25 April 2011

How much to put my barrel on a 700 action?James Ball

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 26 April 2011

Hellow Mike. Most of the hot barrels now seem to be . Krieger,Bartlein,Rock Creek,Shilen,Hart,Brux,Broughten,Pac-nor. and a few others.Thanks for the nice comment on my machine work. I try to do the best that I can on all of them.

James. I charge $ 250.00 on standard cal. and $ 275.00 on belted mag cal. This includes thread,chamber,crown and ingrave cal on barrel. Bead blast finish or a 320 grit polish is extra.   

Attached Files

Close