Pic of used RCBS lube sizer, complete?

• 3.3K Views
  • Last Post 23 June 2011
Canuck Bob posted this 06 April 2011

Is this RCBS lube sizer complete?  It has a welded handle, opinions?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
billwnr posted this 06 April 2011

It looks to be complete.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 06 April 2011

It looks complete and clean. The weld? Hmmm. Is the weld good, smooth, even? Does it operate smoothly? Are the threads (main rod and nut holding die in place) good, operate smoothly?

Attached Files

Canuck Bob posted this 04 May 2011

RCBS sent me a free replacement part for the handle fixture.  I'm impressed!!!  Maybe thier prices are not so high with real service.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 05 May 2011

Sometimes it is worth paying more up front to take care of possible problems down the line.

Attached Files

raytear posted this 07 May 2011

Where is the wrench for turning the nut that holds the sizing die in place?

Attached Files

Canuck Bob posted this 07 May 2011

raytear wrote: Where is the wrench for turning the nut that holds the sizing die in place?

Don't have that!  Thanks, just went to the toolbox.  I did however have to repair the extra fine threads a touch on the nut.  Some ham hand had used a set of pliers and turned the threads a bit were he slipped. 

I'll visit a used tool store and find one.  Is it special in any way, or just a wrench?

Attached Files

Wayne S posted this 07 May 2011

After you get it set up and a sizing die in place, please take a picture of the retaining nut in place. mine looks like this, RCBS said it was fine ???

Attached Files

After you get it set up and a sizing die in place, please take a picture of the retaining nut in place. mine looks like this, with a RCBS H&I die in place and the “nut” tight  RCBS said it was fine ???

Attached Files

runnin lead posted this 07 May 2011

??? Does RCBS have a wrench for the die nut Like the Lymans do, one of those heavy sheetmetal wrenches ?

Attached Files

runnin lead wrote: ??? Does RCBS have a wrench for the die nut Like the Lymans do, one of those heavy sheetmetal wrenches ?  YES, the RCBS looks like the Lyman's, I thing the RCBS nut is larger that the Lyman's

Attached Files

Canuck Bob posted this 09 May 2011

Wayne S wrote: After you get it set up and a sizing die in place, please take a picture of the retaining nut in place. mine looks like this, RCBS said it was fine ??? I sure will.  Should be about a week or so waiting on delivery of first die.

Attached Files

gee-gaw posted this 03 June 2011

The top of the pressure screw looks like a Lyman. My RCBS is an older unit but it looks slightly different than yours and didn't have a wrench, just a rod with two nobs on either end. I replaced it with a 1/4” drive ratchet I got from Biglots Wayne

Attached Files

buckbrush posted this 13 June 2011

Your Sizer is a RCBS LAM1, it uses the ratchet on the lube pressure screw. The RCBS LAM2 (Currently made) uses the shaft with ballls on the ends on the lube screw.

Attached Files

CB posted this 23 June 2011

Use a 1/4 inch ratchet and the appropriately sized socket. You could also use a box-end wrench.

Attached Files

Close