Brass PIcker Upper

• 2.7K Views
  • Last Post 26 April 2011
CB posted this 16 April 2011

I saw in a magazine a few months ago, some tool that will pickup brass. It looks like a kids toy, but now I could use one on my own range. Bending over is very hard for me these days.

So does anyone have any info on this gadget?

Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 16 April 2011

I found it: http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1310

But I need one for me and Katie when we go shooting on our range in the backyard. Jerry

Attached Files

devin1955 posted this 16 April 2011

I don't know if this will help you any Jerry, but, I have one of those. The part that won't help you much is that I have to report I've had it for a while but have never tried it! I keep forgetting to take it with me to the range.

I can tell you that I've seen a couple demonstrated at my local gun show and they seemed to work pretty well. Also, I bought mine from Uniquetek after trading a few emails with Lee there. I agreed to make the purchase after requesting that he commit to refund my money if I wasn't happy. Lee is a nice guy and I would encourage you to contact him if you're thinking about purchasing one. It seems to be very well made. -Don

Attached Files

CB posted this 17 April 2011

Devin, Any information would be helpful, but my range is 40 yards from my back door, so I have atub of range equipment that I drag out when I am doing serious shooting. But any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Jerry

Attached Files

James Ball posted this 17 April 2011

Dillion also sells a small one,price looks reasonable.

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 17 April 2011

:coffee     The cowboy action shooters use a lot of these.  They can be as simple as a small broom and dustpan, to the ordinary snake stick.  They use a snake stick that picks up each piece of brass, one at a time. 

Either way, they can be built with steel rod of the 1/4” variety and a welding machine.  Just a thought.

Ron

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 17 April 2011

Jerry; I have one of those brass pickeruppers, and it works like a champ.  Picks up everything from 22 rf to 12ga. without a problem.  THe only hang up is it also picks up small rocks and cinder hunks, but they can be sorted in the bucket.  The only better brass lifters are other people.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

CB posted this 19 April 2011

I wonder if I could become a millionaire if I discovered a brass magnet, or even a lead magnet? :)

On the other hand, I've often wondered about developing a 'gold' magnet!

thanks for the link Jerry..............DanW

Attached Files

CB posted this 19 April 2011

I got a couple of brass picker uppers, they are called grandkids!

Attached Files

raytear posted this 19 April 2011

Actually that brass picker-upper shown in the pic is an adaptation of a pecan picker-upper.  We Texans and others who live in areas where pecans grow have used these for years. 

. . . along with the self-propelled variety that TTurner53 calls grand-kids.  Sadly, both of my self-propelled brass gatherers live 1500 miles away.  Would you like to see pictures of those particular models? :P

Good shooting! RT

Attached Files

raytear posted this 19 April 2011

Sorry, TTurner53, and all.  It is Jeff Bowles who has the self-propelled brass picker-uppers.  My bad!

RT

Attached Files

Trap4570 posted this 26 April 2011

We have the same style gizmo in Missouri for picking up black walnuts. 

Attached Files

Close