I 'spose I should play nice.

• 1.6K Views
  • Last Post 28 April 2011
Duke M posted this 23 April 2011

Been a CBA Member for several years, was on the Forum but can't remember my old screen name or password so I started over. I'm from Blue River in South West Wisconsin and have been casting for 36 years. My experience is a mile wide and only a few inches deep. I shoot schuetzen, military rifles, black powder cartridge rifles, old single shots, muzzle loader both flint and percussion, handguns, cowboy, 22 BPCR, and have hunted and killed a variety of large and small game with cast, jacketed, and rimfire. As I told RichWIS I move my lead with my tractor and pallet forks. (I just knew harding was good.)

I mostly shoot on my own property where I have cobbled together a vatriety of ranges. I'm a mostly retired LEO, the sometimes working part helps keep me in pwder and primers. I only know a few other casters, mostly close friends. On Cast Boolits  and ASSRA I still go by L Ross. Some day I'll get everything under one name. I try to only post helpful things, I don't argue, fight, or disrespect others.

Duke

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pat i. posted this 23 April 2011

Duke M wrote: I try to only post helpful things, I don't argue, fight, or disrespect others.

Duke Welcome back but you'd better drop that good attitude right now if you want to survive.

The way the internet forum game's usually played is to sharpen your claws, file your teeth into points, sneak back into the brush pile, and then when some unsuspecting victim comes along...... POUNCE!!

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 23 April 2011

Hi Duke, welcome aboard.

Attached Files

Duke M posted this 23 April 2011

Pat, I'm sittin'here chuckling. When I posted about playing nice I was referring to the the whole introduce yourself rather than being just a near lurker. When forums get contentious I often just go somewhere else. I've watched in disbelief as guys with similar interests get nasty. Oops, just looked out the window and there's cows out, gotta go.

Duke

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 23 April 2011

Duke, As long as I got a chuckle out of you my work here is done.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 April 2011

pat i. wrote: Duke, As long as I got a chuckle out of you my work here is done.

A fellow with Nathan Bedford Forrest as his avitar shouldn't be worried about chuckles .>

After all we know any sincere southern gentleman would have John Singleton Mosby instead ;)

Attached Files

72coupe posted this 23 April 2011

Off topic but I have recently seen several photos of Nathan Bedford Forrest. In every on of them He looks crazy. I mean wild eyed and spooky looking. No wonder the union army was afriad of him.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 April 2011

72coupe wrote: Off topic but I have recently seen several photos of Nathan Bedford Forrest. In every on of them He looks crazy. I mean wild eyed and spooky looking. No wonder the union army was afriad of him.

Union was afraid of a bunch of them !

Forrest , Mosby , Morgan just to name a few !

Now back to the crazy thing , unless I'm mistaken wasn't old N.B. the one that started the other organization (the Klan) after the war was over ?

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 24 April 2011

Forrest was an early member and quite possibly the first Grand Wizard but he wasn't an original founder of the KKK from what I've read. He lead quite a storied life and that crazy look in his eye isn't there just for theatrical effect. 

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 24 April 2011

Welcome back Duke.I go past Blue River each spring on my way to Prarie Du Chein/ Eastman for spring turkey hunting.Take Highway 60 all the way to Wauzeka.Then Highway N to 27. Beautiful area along the Wisconsin River.Would like to try duck hunting it someday

Attached Files

Duke M posted this 25 April 2011

Thanks Ubetcha, good luck with the turkeys, my permit is for this week.

Duke

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 28 April 2011

My week was the first period and of course they beat me again.But both my sons got theirs.Good luck with yours too

Attached Files

Close