Much better than the other CB forum

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 30 October 2011
18mm posted this 26 October 2011

Fellow cast bullet shooters, It became an instant pleasure to join!

The obvious amount of information is head and shoulders above any other forum. I am going to enjoy this!!!!;}

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 26 October 2011

Welcome 18mm to the CBA forum.

The intent isn't to make the best cast bullet forum on the web, but to offer a quality forum as a benefit to the actual members of the Cast Bullet Association. Yet, the public is always welcome to the forum by just signing on as you did and I hope you enjoy it and we hope to hear more from you :) The forum is only as good as its members and I think we have very good contributors here................Dan

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 26 October 2011

This forum is usually a good bit more informative then say ,

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com>www.castboolits.gunloads.com

However they are a good bit better at getting folks involved in group buys for molds etc !

Since I generally do not participate in group buys any more , thats a moot point for me personally but there are lots of others that benefit from it !

Attached Files

6pt-sika wrote: This forum is usually a good bit more informative then say ,

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com>http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com

However they are a good bit better at getting folks involved in group buys for molds etc !

Since I generally do not participate in group buys any more , thats a moot point for me personally but there are lots of others that benefit from it ! I do know of Castboolits and prefer to avoid it. But thanks anyway

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 26 October 2011

As I said earlier I did find   http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com>www.castboolits.gunloads.com  to be good for acquiring molds thru the group buy process . However alot of times the discussion there would go south in a hurry !

This forum has been helpfull , but I don't think it has as broad a base hence a good bit less disention .

The only thing at the moment I cast for are lever action rifles so another forum I have found rather helpfull is   http://www.leverguns.com>www.leverguns.com  . There's a pretty broad based group of folks there so regardless of whether one is a Marlin person , a Winchester person or one of the replica rifles someone usually has some genuine helpfull info .

Attached Files

CB posted this 26 October 2011

The “other” board is too much like jr. high school. Too many cliques, and heaven help you if you disagree with one of the “cool kids". Then it's dog pile time. Anyway, things are much quieter here, and the pace is more relaxed, and mature. Plus, the quality of help here when you have a question is mindboggling.

Attached Files

anachronism wrote: The “other” board is too much like jr. high school. Too many cliques, and heaven help you if you disagree with one of the “cool kids". Then it's dog pile time. Anyway, things are much quieter here, and the pace is more relaxed, and mature. Plus, the quality of help here when you have a question is mindboggling. You read my mind

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 27 October 2011

:coffee    The trick there is to add to the information without disagreeing.  I buy lead there, usually avoid deep discussion.  If they tell me I'm wrong, well, I've been wrong before, no big deal. 

Attached Files

CB posted this 27 October 2011

The CBA webmaster Jeff does a good job, all in all. The CBA is in good standing with 'castboolits' having no problems and hoping the best for both, and all shooting and cast bullet forums and websites. Just look at the CBA sponsors and links here and on the CBA website. The intent though is to try to stay on subject of cast bullets. There is plenty of room for everyone on the internet and hey, all types of us shooters need to stick together!.............Dan

Attached Files

CB posted this 27 October 2011

I figured we'd get chewed...

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 28 October 2011

Well said, Dan. I haunt both. Each has a different perspective/role in life - two GOOD perspectives. There was a time when this one was dominated - it's evolved and improved. How? By both the members and the moderators setting the expectations.

Thanks.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 28 October 2011

And that is well said TRK.

I read every post on this board, but only skim though the boolites one. I have friends that don't like this one and only use the other, ON BOTH PLACES. So I just float back and forth.

Ric

Attached Files

Maven posted this 28 October 2011

This reply isn't directed to anyone in particular, but why badmouth an entire site because of the intemperate and/or juvenile antics of a few?  The worst of that crowd have left or have been booted from the Cast Boolits site, btw.  Then too, I remember when a certain CBA member was the bane of both sites.  Lastly, did you happen to notice the CBA, Inc. logo is prominently displayed on the lower part of the Cast Boolits home page or that it's owner is a CBA member as am I? 

Attached Files

CB posted this 29 October 2011

If you're referring to me Maven. You're way off base.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 29 October 2011

This is my last post ever !!!! on this subject. The problem is what we write on a BB may not be exactly what we mean. There is no body language, no facial expressions and most of us are not authors who write all that well!

Please don't take offense at anything I write. If I want to be insulting or bad, it will be off line and as an X-Drill Sargent, you will know it.

If you want to share experience, knowledge and information on the internet, you had better develop a thick skin, as you will need it. Even it you tell somebody you love them, someone else will think it is sarcasm.

You All Lighten UP!

Ric

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 29 October 2011

Spot on, Ric.

I need to loose a few pounds too.

:)

Attached Files

Maven posted this 29 October 2011

anachronism, Not at all.  As I wrote, I had no one in mind when I wrote that, but this issue crops up from time to time.  Btw, I've written on that site since its inception and somehow have managed to avoid the cliques & “cool guys.”  I couldn't identify either if my life depended on it.  Happily, many of the loudmouths, nasty posters/know-it-alls don't post much any longer or have left the site; but then again, I'm not sure who they are.  Sorry if you took offense as none was intended.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 29 October 2011

Mavin - I've enjoyed watching your posts for a couple of decades (on several forums) - you're one of the level-headed folks; appreciate your insights and helpfulness.

Attached Files

Maven posted this 29 October 2011

Thanks, TRK, but only since 1999 (no internet before then)!

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 30 October 2011

I have no problem with castboolits other than the way that they spell. When people start putting personality problems on the net I just ignore the parts that irritate me. Sometimes I do laugh out loud and mention body parts. I thought that I “knew” a lot about casting and shooting cast. Since I've begun to keep up with this forum as well as others I have gained new insights and have had my own experiences affirmed.

Attached Files

Close