1903-A3 Springfield

• 3.1K Views
  • Last Post 31 March 2012
Buffington posted this 25 November 2011

I would like to add a scope to my A3 without drilling or tapping holes. Is there a mount that would allow this without losing integrity of rifle. Also is there a limit of magnification for cast bullet shooting benchrest with this rifle. Thanks

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
shastaboat posted this 26 November 2011

Here it is:

http://secure.armorholdings.com/b-square/springfield.html

Because I said so!

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 26 November 2011

The “B-square” Classic Military Mount will do what you want. However, when it is installed on an 'O3-A3 you cannot remove the bolt and must clean from the muzzle. Also, many Range Officers require that the bolt be removed before the line is safe and people can go downrange.

Re magnification limit, I believe Mil. Mod. Scope Class is limited to 6X max. You can look up all the rules here on the CBA website.

Wes

Attached Files

longround posted this 26 November 2011

Google S&k military scope mounts.they have what you need, looks good and works great. TK

Attached Files

shastaboat posted this 26 November 2011

Here is that price thread:

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

Because I said so!

Attached Files

Buffington posted this 30 November 2011

thanks to all who replied to me about A3-03 scope mount. Buffington

Attached Files

Buffington posted this 26 December 2011

Santa gave me a b-square scope mount for my 03-a3. Took off magazine cut off tab and installed new mount bracket only to find set screw holes do not line up with existing indents in rifle by about .025. I can grind face and back of bracket to fit right. Have you people encounterd this. Should I send unit back. thanks.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 25 February 2012

The B Square 18477 for the1903A3 has some really bad product reviews at MidwayUsa and other places, but I ordered one anyway.

-The thing balances on a ball bearing and doesn't hold zero -the provision for bolt removal doesn't work -the extractor is affected by the mount and can be damaged -screw alignment with indents is off -clamp and bushing parts  missing in a complete production run of this mount.

I hope I am one of the guys with no complaints, but I feel like I have taken a big gamble after searching reviews on this product.

it would be nice to hear more from people that are very happy with the mount and have shot their rifle a lot with this mount and a scope. How does bolt removal procedure go?

Gary

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 25 February 2012

Many years ago I got a  steel base from Numrich that was good.It could be from S&K.

I had a round band encircling the action removed ,and a screw put in its place.

The mounts  clamped the rear peep sight base.

It did not need bending the bolt handle.

The shape of the stock and the height of the scope were not conductive to good shooting ,so I abandoned the idea and put on a Lyman  peep sight sigth with which I shot better than with a 4x scope .

If you want to shoot a scoped Springfield ,you should discard the issue stock,bend the bolt handle and screw the bases low in the action,a thing to do to one specimen with no collector value ,otherwise it would be a blasphemy.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 25 February 2012

giorgio de galleani:

Attached Files

Buffington posted this 29 March 2012

I did grind and shim the b-square to make it work.Did shoot the A3 and mount is holding zero. This mount required a lot of fudging. Not recommended for the wanna be gunsmith. Cannot remove bolt without removing mount. Not a quality product.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 30 March 2012

I'm trying to figure out which S&K scount mount I need for my Mauser. They offer several, depending on model. The barrel is a 1960ish Chilean 7.62x51 takeoff that I got from Sporstsmans Guide. It has issue sights, I think the sights were reused from the original 7mm barrels the guns wore when they were made, Steyr I think. It would be helpful if S&K gave dimensions and drawings of their mounts. It shoots pretty good so far using the issue sight but this is a scout rifle project. Kind of a poor man's Ruger Scout Rifle only reloaded with 5 rd. stripper clips instead of a detachable magazine. Anybody know which S&K fits these Sporstsmans Guide specials? I'm not even considering the B square, I want a solid steel mount that can take a knock or two.

Attached Files

shastaboat posted this 30 March 2012

tturner53, Is the barrel a small ring or large ring?

Can you post a picture of the military sight?

Because I said so!

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 31 March 2012

It's a large ring. Posting pictures is not one of my skills. I think the sight is from a 1912 Mauser (?).

Attached Files

shastaboat posted this 31 March 2012

Sorry, can't help you in the blind.

Because I said so!

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 31 March 2012

EASY PICTURE POSTING

Putting pictures in posts is easy. open a Photobucket account. Put your pictures in Photobucket. Hover your mouse cursor over the pic you want to post. Click on share. Click on get link code.Under IMG for bulletin boards click full size image, highlight, and copy the code for full size image. Return to the post you want your image  in and paste the code where you want it in your post.

The whole thing is fast and easy to learn if you have a kid show how to do this and get started. Viewers of your post will see full sized picture and you can check them first by clicking Preview  in the bottom tool bar of your posting window.

This procedure even works with videos that you have saved in your Photobucket album. Viewers will have to click on the opening image of your video to start play. It is best to state that under the image in your post.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/rhymeswithwhat/?action=view&current=BAngels.mp4>

Attached Files

Close