Mossberg's New Evil Black Lever-Gun

• 5.8K Views
  • Last Post 22 January 2012
Ed Harris posted this 18 January 2012

I laughed so hard when I saw this I nearly choked on my bran flakes!

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=31§ion=products

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
72coupe posted this 18 January 2012

I have seen other pictures of that thing and I can't figure out who it would appeal to. I mean the traditionalist (you and me I assume) are horrified by it, not tactical enough for the tacticool crowd and not enough magazine capacity for the run and gun crowd.

Probably not allowed in Cowboy Action either.

Attached Files

Wannabe cowboy Ninja Zombie hunters in drag.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 18 January 2012

"Wannabe cowboy ninja zombie hunters in drag".  Ed, you say that like it's a bad thing!? I've been curious about Mossberg's new lever gun(the plain wood stock version) and have asked here before if anybody has tried one? Saw one in a gunshop here for about $400 new and it was a good looking and stout gun. Odd that there have been no range reports. The ugly thing in the picture above might have some redeeming qualities, maybe a backpacking gun?

Attached Files

Fg1 posted this 18 January 2012

Looks like something from a sci-fi flik.

Attached Files

Ah, political correctness, should have been “gender challenged, or transgender mutant AIDS infected wannabe ninja cowboy zombie hunters..."

I like the analogy to the sci-fi movie prop gun.
We need the chopped down Mare's Leg version with big loop lever and folding bayonet with matching engraved snuff box and mustouche cup.

Attached Files

shastaboat posted this 18 January 2012

I bet they sell like hotcakes in Californica until they outlaw them...

Because I said so!

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 19 January 2012

Will there be commemorative editions?

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 19 January 2012

Really begs for a decent burial. How long ago did that thing die?

Attached Files

linoww posted this 19 January 2012

where is the bayonet lug?

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 19 January 2012

I guess Mossberg felt left out. They're about the only company not selling an AR or 1911. I bought an H&R 7.62x39 barrel off Greybeards, it came with a tactical collapsibe buttstock, picaninny rail forend and sheet metal heat shield. The bayonet lug was missing parts. As silly as it looks it makes up into a very small package for carrying on my scooter when I go out for cappucinos with my buddies from the flower shop.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 January 2012

Fg1 wrote: Looks like something from a sci-fi flik.

i believe these were used in that classic movie   _mars attacks _.

personally i will buy one if they have a model with grenade launcher attachment and a bipod.   this thing is a water soaker, right?

ken in the sticks

Attached Files

Johnny Breedlove posted this 19 January 2012

Is this thing actually real? or is it something some one congered up on a computer program. Like “Ed” except I had already eaten my breakfast cereal and when I saw this thing I threw up.

What were they thinking!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 19 January 2012

It's real

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=31§ion=products

Attached Files

Johnny Breedlove posted this 19 January 2012

Ed Harris wrote: It's real

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=31§ion=products>http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=31§ion=products Well it might make a collectors item sometime because when they find out they have only sold maybe 3 of them they will quit making them. It sure won't be one that you would display as a collectors item though.

Attached Files

Notlwonk posted this 19 January 2012

Folks you just ain't looking at it's full potential!

Wasn't it J M Browning who took a Winchester lever gun and added a bunch of springs, pivot points, steel rods and a donut shaped plate mounted at the muzzle and turned it into a auto load? It seems to me this thing begs for a similiar treatment.

Attached Files

scottawebb posted this 19 January 2012

There has to be a more civilized way to mount a flashlight on the back porch lever gun. The 2 center fires are 1894s and XS Sight's scout rail is 336 only, so I guess I need a 30-30. I wish I had bought a SS 16” when they were available because I really like the 41 mag I have in that configuration. I shot at a coyote pre-dawn with a peep sighted .22 with the Ashley white stripe front sight and even though he was right under a security light killing a chicken, I could barely make out the front sight. I need a mounted light and I don't want to get a Ar just for the occasional nocturnal raider. The XS full length rail with peep sight could work with a red dot and/or a light in an offset mount. And why does the Mossberg have rails both sides and bottom, but none you could mount an optic on?

Scott A

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 20 January 2012

Anybody got a picture of the regular wood stocked version?

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 20 January 2012

tturner53 wrote: Anybody got a picture of the regular wood stocked version?

Scroll down same link, they have an artsy picture of the standard rifle, resembles post-1964 Winchester 94.

Attached Files

gnoahhh posted this 20 January 2012

Thanks for showing us Ed. I can die happy now! (From laughing myself to death!)

Attached Files

CB posted this 20 January 2012

It looks like something Red Jacket came up with.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 20 January 2012

I missed it. Where is it's 20 or 30 shot box magazine and vertical pistol grips?

Attached Files

raytear posted this 21 January 2012

Looks like cowboy tactical to me.  Just think how much better Custer's boys might have done if armed with a passle of these.

Good shooting! RT

Attached Files

Michael K posted this 22 January 2012

Oh well. Some folks put 20” rims and lift kits on hummers. My response is still the same... WT? I just showed my wife the photo, I can't print what she said, but it is similar to mine. Reckon it could be purchased as gift for someone you don't like.

Attached Files

Close