Hello from Alpine Tx.

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 21 February 2012
wrinkles posted this 08 February 2012

Hello from Alpine where the nearest mall is 156 mile away. :)

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tturner53 posted this 08 February 2012

Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. where the nearest mall is everywhere! What are you shooting?

Attached Files

wrinkles posted this 08 February 2012

I cast, 9mm, .38, .40, and .44 all using Lee molds. My son has friends that work at a tire store so I get a 5gal bucket of ww on a regular basis.

Attached Files

72coupe posted this 08 February 2012

Your lucky the tire stores here wont even sell thier wheel weights.

Attached Files

wrinkles posted this 09 February 2012

Wow, how sad. These guys give them away and before I started getting them the guys said nobody would come by to ask for them. Now it's me and this other guy that come buy. I give the guy that collects them for my a 12 pack of beer for every 5gal bucket. Got quite a collection of them in my back yard.

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 09 February 2012

Welcome...Sul Ross class of 1964

Attached Files

dimebox posted this 10 February 2012

Wrinkles, If your mall-search brings you as far east as Kerrville, TX send a message first and perhaps we could hit the local range together. As you may know Mtn. Home is about 20 miles west of K'ville on I-10. There's at least 1 other CBA member locally that might/could join us.

Attached Files

wrinkles posted this 10 February 2012

Charger, class of 97 here. Went back to school after the oil bust.

I have family in Sonora and often go there then drive to SA for the week end. My son lived in SA for a while and we'd go to the bullet hole pretty often. I have a friend and ex co-worker that lives in Bandera. It'd be nice to meet some fellow casters.

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 10 February 2012

I am down in deep south Texas at Brownsville.

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 10 February 2012

I am down in deep south Texas at Brownsville.

Attached Files

john hayslip posted this 12 February 2012

I grew up in Alpine, graduated there from high school in 1957.  Was last there in 2007 for a 50 year class reunion.  If I'd thought I could have made a living there I would have come back several times.  Currently living in Alvin, Texas and am a retired math teacher.  Cast my first bullet in 1963 for a featherweight Winchester model 70 with a steel buttplate that was beating us to death. John Hayslip [email protected]

Attached Files

john hayslip posted this 12 February 2012

I grew up in Alpine, graduated there from high school in 1957.  Was last there in 2007 for a 50 year class reunion.  If I'd thought I could have made a living there I would have come back several times.  Currently living in Alvin, Texas and am a retired math teacher.  Cast my first bullet in 1963 for a featherweight Winchester model 70 with a steel buttplate that was beating us to death. John Hayslip [email protected]

Attached Files

wrinkles posted this 13 February 2012

I moved to Alpine to go to Sul Ross and was lucky enough to get a good job right just before I got my degree. We liked the town so much we decided to stay the wife love this place. Been here for about 17 years our son just moved back here with his wife and daughter so we're happy. We're originally from Sonora, down I10 about 220 miles east of Alpine. I started casting just a couple of years ago to feed my 9mm and .40 steel plate habit. :) I've yet to cast rifle bullets but have been contemplating casting some for a while.

Attached Files

GaCop posted this 14 February 2012

A hearty welcome from middle Georgia! I too am a newbie!

Tom

Attached Files

Ranch Dog posted this 19 February 2012

Greetings Wrinkles. Get this, I live in Cuero and I'm a Catto-Gage hunter. I'm in Bandera at a family member's wedding, sitting next to my Aunt at the kitchen table who is from Brownsville. Small world.

Attached Files

1kshooter posted this 19 February 2012

welcome Wrinkles from no where near Texas lol Ontario Canada here.

you are using the Lee molds..thats where I started ..and I ended at the Ranch Dog's ..kind of the cream of the crop when it comes to Lee molds lol if you have not checked them out you owe it to your self to follow the link above, under Ranch Dogs post....and Michael is one heck of a great guy to deal with to!

are you shooting the .44mags out of a hand gun? what model? I am going to try to get a Rugger B/H or S/B/H this year to go along with my 1894 Marlin .44mag best of both worlds I would think! again welcome friend! Jonathan

Attached Files

wrinkles posted this 20 February 2012

1kshooter, Shooting the .44s from a 7” ruger super blackhawk.I'm working myself the other way been looking into rile to shoot my .44 for a while.

Ranch Dog, I know what you mean a couple of years ago I went to the Dallas FortWorth area and ran into my old boss from Alpine who was now working in Arlington. Hadn't seen her in 6 or 7 years. Then went to cheaperthandirt and ran into a guy from Fort Davis.

Attached Files

1kshooter posted this 21 February 2012

find your self a 1894 in .44mag I tell ya it's as much fun as you can have with your close still on :D

Jonathan

Attached Files

Close