Alloy Calculator

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 23 March 2012
Pigslayer posted this 21 February 2012

Hopefully this will post. There we go. Yep, that's got it. You will need at least Excel Starter to use this. It takes a few seconds to come up so be patient. Have fun!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
parkerhale1200 posted this 27 February 2012

Cast me and shoot me, it wont open. sorry

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 27 February 2012

parkerhale1200 wrote: Cast me and shoot me, it wont open. sorry

You'll need at least excel starter to open.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Attached Files

Attached Files

jhrosier posted this 27 February 2012

The OpenOffice or LibreOffice spreadsheet will also work. These are both open source, free to download and use. Both are compatible with the Micro$oft program.

Jack

Attached Files

jhrosier wrote: The OpenOffice or LibreOffice spreadsheet will also work. These are both open source, free to download and use. Both are compatible with the Micro$oft program.

Jack That's good info to post. The alloy calculator is really a breeze to use. I have a 5lb postal scale that I use to weigh out my ingredients. Yea, I know, wish it was larger . . . but it works.

Attached Files

PETE posted this 28 February 2012

A question on this program before Idownload it and find it won't do what I'd like.

I've got a bunch of different alloys mixed up mostly in Lead/Tin. I'd like to be able to take those alloys and by adding more Tin or Lead change them to another alloy. I.E. Say take 10 pds., or whatever, of 1-20 Tin/Lead alloy and change it to 1-30. How much Lead would I have to add to get the desired results.

During testing I usually mix up several different alloys and when i'm done I'd like to change whatevers left over to the alloy I found that works the best. The cost of both Lead and Tin being what it is I sure hate to have a bunch laying around that I can't use.

Pete

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 28 February 2012

PETE wrote: A question on this program before Idownload it and find it won't do what I'd like.

I've got a bunch of different alloys mixed up mostly in Lead/Tin. I'd like to be able to take those alloys and by adding more Tin or Lead change them to another alloy. I.E. Say take 10 pds., or whatever, of 1-20 Tin/Lead alloy and change it to 1-30. How much Lead would I have to add to get the desired results.

During testing I usually mix up several different alloys and when i'm done I'd like to change whatevers left over to the alloy I found that works the best. The cost of both Lead and Tin being what it is I sure hate to have a bunch laying around that I can't use.

PeteIf you know the percentage of lead/tin etc.then yes it will it will tell you how much of whatever you need to make a change.

Attached Files

PETE posted this 28 February 2012

pigslayer,

Thanks. Sounds like just what I need. Will give it a try.

Pete

Attached Files

parkerhale1200 posted this 22 March 2012

Agian sorry it wont open and i do have xls and the windows recognise it as a winrar file, i do have winrar, so cast me and shoot me it wont open, sorry, i dont mean it wrong,

Best regards parkerhale

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 23 March 2012

parkerhale1200 wrote: Agian sorry it wont open and i do have xls and the windows recognise it as a winrar file, i do have winrar, so cast me and shoot me it wont open, sorry, i dont mean it wrong,

Best regards parkerhale

Don't kmow what to say. I just clicked on the very link I posted & it came right up. I used Excel starter. Pat

Attached Files

Close