Ken Mollohan is gravely ill

• 4.7K Views
  • Last Post 04 January 2013
Maven posted this 25 July 2012

Information on Molly

Hello everyone.

First off, I don't know which forum is the most appropriate for this so I'm posting this here. Second, this isn't “Molly” but rather his oldest son. The reason I have logged into his account is that I'm afraid that I have some bad news. Molly was diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. Since then, his health has deteriorated to the point that he requires hospice care and I'm certain that everyone knows what that means. I assure you that this is not a joke or a troll post.

I wanted to let everyone know what was going on so that you would not think that he was ignoring anyone. He very much loved guns, the culture and the people who shared it. He enjoyed teaching children and my GF's how to shoot and loved to watch them progress. He was an adamant supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

I'll most likely be posting under this avatar in the future but I felt the need to inform the community of his status. If you would like to make a contribution in his name, I'm certain that he would want it to be to the NRA.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Molly's Son.

Regards,

Molly

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 25 July 2012

My prayers and best wishes to “Molly", his son and the family. Ric

Attached Files

CB posted this 25 July 2012

I am so sorry to hear this news, I will pray for the entire family! May god be with all of you in this time of need.

Attached Files

muley posted this 25 July 2012

I never met the man, but, from his writings he seemed to be a real gentleman. Our prayers are with you. Jim

Attached Files

Muskrat Mike posted this 26 July 2012

My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Muskrat Mike

Attached Files

CB posted this 26 July 2012

One of the most decent men I've ever “met” on line. I am truly saddened by the news.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 27 July 2012

Ken's son just posted on Boolits that Ken has passed away. His contributions will be sadly missed.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 27 July 2012

Molly was a personal friend of mine and I will miss him greatly. He was a GOOD man - we are diminished...

Our prayers go out to his family.

Dale53

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 28 July 2012

Molly's son Brian also called me the day before yesterday with the sad news.

I have written a letter to Molly. At the proper time Brian will send me a picture and I will write a notice for the Fouling Shot.

As many of you know Molly was one of the two cofounders of the Cast Bullet Association along with Howard Thomas who died in 2006. All of us that enjoy the Cast Bullet Association and what it provides are in his debt.

John

Attached Files

j35nut posted this 29 July 2012

I am saddened by the news as well. Truly a kind and generous man. I never had the pleasure of meeting Molly in person. I talked with him online many times. Five years ago he gifted me a set of 30-30 310 dies complete with handles. Rest in Peace Friend.

J

Attached Files

Tycer posted this 31 July 2012

Thank you Molly. Godspeed.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 16 November 2012

Did I miss an obituary for Ken in the FS?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Paul Pollard posted this 18 November 2012

JeffinNZ,

I looked back through #218 and #219, and there was nothing in either one. These were both since his passing.

There was an article by Ken in #219.

Attached Files

CB posted this 18 November 2012

From what I understand there is something in the works. His son has offered to write a bio and they are gathering info for a obituary. Being he was one of the founders I am sure it will be good.

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 18 November 2012

I still see his articles in the FS.Please keep them going if he had more submitted.They are a wealth of information.A loss to all with his passing

Attached Files

CB posted this 18 November 2012

Just like Frank Marshall, Ken's articles will most likely be reprinted from time to time.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 19 November 2012

Cool. As long as someone has matters in hand. Such a big shadow needs to be acknowledged.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

smokiejoe posted this 20 November 2012

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 20 November 2012

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Molly's son. I talked to him shortly after Molly's death and he was going to send me a picture of Molly and information so I could write an article for the Fouling Shot.

I have been waiting for the picture and in the meantime apparently lost the contact information I had at the time.

Molly was a co-founder of CBA and needs to be remembered properly.

John

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 04 January 2013

Brian Mollohan and I have been in touch.

I am writing a piece for the Fouling Shot in Ken and his role in starting CBA .

John

Attached Files

Close