Too many lubersizers??

• 3.3K Views
  • Last Post 02 November 2016
Pigslayer posted this 22 November 2012

I have a thing for these pieces of machinery.

Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 22 November 2012

Pat, I do too. I just came across one (at a flea market) you don't have and I don't have, an old Ideal lubrisizer which preceded the #45 I presume? In rough shape, not all there the idiot want $150. I DON'T THINK SO.........Dan

Attached Files

CB posted this 22 November 2012

2 Lyman 45's 1 RCBS 1 Lachmiller 2 Star

I think what you have Pat is contagious disease or something because I suffer from a similar affliction.

Attached Files

Jeff Bowles wrote: 2 Lyman 45's 1 RCBS 1 Lachmiller 2 Star

I think what you have Pat is contagious disease or something because I suffer from a similar affliction. Jeff,

Almost bid on another today but I had to restrain myself. LOL It's called lubersizeritis. I made heaters for two of mine using 40W cartridge heaters inside of 3/4” Aluminum plate with a simple dimmer switch attached. Cheap to build & work well.

Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 22 November 2012

heh heh, what you really need is my pitzer push thru sizer ....i helped the guy build these, they are built like a tank .

mine was fitted with a 7mm sizer die, but that was a crutch job, just to see if it fit, i remember that die had a flaw, but can't remember what it was....my memory seems to have a flaw also ...( g ) .

this is an unused nostalgic piece...anyone interested email please: [email protected]. i idiotically need $200 i pay post /48. ken

Attached Files

Michael K posted this 22 November 2012

Hi Pat, Hi Jeff,

And to everyone else. I have heard about the above conditions, very serious.

Most commonly occurs when moulditis goes untreated and reaches a chronic systemic state. It is often seen in conjunction with hyperlubosis and/or megasizerdiemia. No known cures, just conservative treatment of frequent and repetative physical therapy of picking up small objects with the fingers with alternating flexation and extension of the arms.

I wish each of you well.

Michael.

Attached Files

Black and Blue wrote: Hi Pat, Hi Jeff,

And to everyone else. I have heard about the above conditions, very serious.

Most commonly occurs when moulditis goes untreated and reaches a chronic systemic state. It is often seen in conjunction with hyperlubosis and/or megasizerdiemia. No known cures, just conservative treatment of frequent and repetative physical therapy of picking up small objects with the fingers with alternating flexation and extension of the arms.

I wish each of you well.

Michael. Too funny!! LOL

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 November 2012

Hmmmm I only have four !

My original Lyman 45 , a pair of Lyman 4500's and a RCBS .

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 23 November 2012

6pt-sika wrote: Hmmmm I only have four !

My original Lyman 45 , a pair of Lyman 4500's and a RCBS . We can't have that. You'll have to catch up with Jeff.

Attached Files

CB posted this 23 November 2012

Different lubes - need another sizer.. Sounded like a good excuse to me at the time...

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 November 2012

Pigslayer wrote: 6pt-sika wrote: Hmmmm I only have four !

My original Lyman 45 , a pair of Lyman 4500's and a RCBS . We can't have that. You'll have to catch up with Jeff.

I forsee a couple of mine being sold in the semi near future if I get away from the 45-70 !

At the moment I have the 4500's set up , one for 44 cal and one for 45 cal . If I rid myself of the 45-70 I think I'll liquidate the three Lyman's buy a Lyman old style heater and use the RCBS for the 44 cal stuff !

Attached Files

Eddie Southgate posted this 28 October 2016

I use my original Ideal #1 but do own a Lyman 45 that is broke. May have to fix it one day....If the Ideal ever craps out.:nawnawnaw:

Grumpy Old Man With A Gun......Do Not Touch .

Attached Files

rockquarry posted this 02 November 2016

I've used three for many years, a Lyman and two SAECOs. Lately, however, I've decided the type lube used makes far less difference in accuracy, prevention of leading, and other real or perceived problems than I had originally thought.

I believe I could get by well with one lubrisizer, but I probably won't.

Attached Files

Close