Vendors Out Of Powder

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 13 January 2013
Pigslayer posted this 11 January 2013

O.K. so I got online with Natchez to order powder & primers . . . what? They're out of everything! Shoulda' known considering that luantic that killed all those kids. So I checked Graf's & Sinclair . . . same deal. So I said, “Well crap, what am I going to do now? Then a brilliant thought came to mind: “Call the local gun shop dummy". So I called Hendershots here in Hagerstown, told them that I needed 2 lbs. of Titegroup & a lb. of H4198. They said, “We'll put it aside for you so you can pick it up tomorrow. Whew!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 12 January 2013

I have a gun show in Akron, NY this weekend, not sure what to expect... I've been warned there may be protestors.

Gary

Attached Files

R Dupraz posted this 12 January 2013

Typically, in my experience, around this time is the worst time to order any shooting stuff. I think all of the venders must not only run their inventory down before the first of the year, but then don't restock again till after tax time.

I am just now getting some items that were ordered a month ago. And am still waiting. Stuff that normally would have taken only a few days when they were in stock. Seems like all the things that I need are always out of stock.

RD

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 12 January 2013

A dealer at the Akron, NY show today had CCI Standard Velocity .22 RF at $10/box of 100 with a sign on his table that read, ” Ammo prices may go down when Obama is dead."

Gary

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 12 January 2013

Wow man, That's really pushing the outside of the free speech envelope!

You'd get a visit from the Feds here for that kind of comment.

My opinion, for what it's worth (as a 'foreigner': always odd to use that term for fellow English speakers. And no offfence meant Georgio!) Is that people like us need to be thinking strategically at times like this when those in power are desperate to seize on anything to show us up as radical deviants.

In the aftermath of the Port Arthur massacre our then prime minister John Howard addressed a rally of the SSAA ( our NRA). The sub text was that he was wearing a flack vest under his suit. You could see the outlines.

The 'dog whistle' message was any one involved in shooting sports was a potential murderer.

Might be interesting for you all to check out the SSAA web site for a look at how it works to challenge media misinformation.

The best strategy is to stay calm and continue using reason.

Signs like the one at the gun show are prime examples of lack of strategic thought and brand us as dangerous nutters.

As I said, just my opinion.

James

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 12 January 2013

After the bombing of Pearl Harbor Japanese Admiral Yamamoto said, ” I'm afraid that all we have done is but to awaken a sleeping giant". It would be wise for Obama, Biden & associated cabinet to pay heed to that analogy. It takes a lot to stir the American people but once they begin to move . . . they are unstoppable. So far all I can see is that they are creating a monster. The local gun shop was absolutely packed today & AK47 and M16 clones were flying off the shelves. People were waiting in line to buy rifles, pistols & ammunition People who never owned or shot a gun in thier life were buying firearms. The online shooting sites are literally out of powder & primers. Now the populus is armed to the teeth. If Obama & Biden had simply shown pause & kept their mouths shut this wouldn't have happened. Biden has the biggest mouth of all. His mouth always starts running before his brain is in gear. He has the common sense of a bag of hammers. There is no standing army in the world that can hope to beat 100 to 200 million armed & angry Americans. Let's hope this administration can be rational.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

PETE posted this 12 January 2013

A local,workshop for the handicap is assembling 3000 (yes that's right) 30 rd. magazines a day + or - for a well known mail order place. Don't bother asking who since all you'll get is “out stock” if you log on. Even if your looking for 20 rounders.

At a local gun show today AR's were selling for 2 to 2 1/2 times what they were a few weeks ago. Didn't seem to be any lack of buyers. No rifle primers but a few Win. LP. .224, 9mm & .45 jacketed bullets were not available that I saw. Looked like a good selection of ammo in those calibers tho.

Pete

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 12 January 2013

onondaga wrote: A dealer at the Akron, NY show today had CCI Standard Velocity .22 RF at $10/box of 100 with a sign on his table that read, ” Ammo prices may go down when Obama is dead."

Gary Sounds about right.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 13 January 2013

I watched a you tube of a guy reloading primers with match heads. I don't want to resort to that. this is the third time that I've seen this “rabbit cycle". I have most of the primers that I bought before the last hoarding.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 13 January 2013

We found a small supply of AR's last week !

Picked up 50 NIB in three configurations . They should arrive thursday or friday and I'll list them on GB at a starting price of $1599 each . I would be willing to bet most of them sell fairly quickly as they all come with one 30 round mag !

Last friday i meant to put in an order to one of our distributers for shot , powder , primers and wads . But like alot of things I got busy and forgot . Monday I'll do my order and hopefully they'll have 60-75% of our order !

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 13 January 2013

Pick up powder this weekend no problem.Just no primer available

Attached Files

Close