New Accurate Bullet Mold

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 14 August 2013
Pigslayer posted this 10 August 2013

The mail lady just came & look what she brought! My new Accurate bullet mold for my .38 special. 125 gr., .361 dia. That, my friends, is a beautiful thing!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
hunterspistol posted this 10 August 2013

:coffee   Wow, really nice!  I wouldn't mind owning one just like that being, I have a Model 19 sitting here doing nothing. 

Attached Files

gpb posted this 10 August 2013

What base does that bullet have? Plain, Gas Check or Bevel?

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 10 August 2013

gpb wrote: What base does that bullet have? Plain, Gas Check or Bevel?

Plain base.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 10 August 2013

Very nice !

I've not used an Accurate mold yet but that one looks pretty nice . I especially like the ogive and flat nose . If it were a 44 cal I wouldn't be adverse to using it in one of my 444's !

Attached Files

gpb posted this 10 August 2013

Very nice mold, let us know how it casts and shoots.

Was it a standard catalog item, or a special design and order?

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 10 August 2013

6pt-sika wrote: Very nice !

I've not used an Accurate mold yet but that one looks pretty nice . I especially like the ogive and flat nose . If it were a 44 cal I wouldn't be adverse to using it in one of my 444's !

Tom at Accurate makes a very nice mould. I think if you asked him to blow it up to .44 cal. he wouldn't have a problem at all and it'd be cataloged for the next guy.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 11 August 2013

pat i. wrote: 6pt-sika wrote: Very nice !

Tom at Accurate makes a very nice mould. I think if you asked him to blow it up to .44 cal. he wouldn't have a problem at all and it'd be cataloged for the next guy.

I have a couple others drawn up on the Mountain Molds program for a 433-450GC and a 433-365GC perhaps I could send him one of those drawings and let him cut one for me !

The cost between MM and Accurate is about the same .

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 11 August 2013

As long as it's .30 caliber or above and has a meplat no smaller than .180 he can do it and will catalog the bullet. What I like most of all is that you'll have the mould within a week or two, or at least that's been my experience so far.

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 11 August 2013

Pat,

My experience also on fast delivery.

I showed to a buddy and he wants but unfortunately in .22 which Tom doesn't offer. Mine is a 4-cavity with 2 of each design; a H&G 200-grain .45 ACP and a H&G 148-grain wad cutter .38 Special.

And...this mould makes really nice bullets!

Tom

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 11 August 2013

I have one of his mods. Your gonna like it. He will make adjustments to one of his cataloged molds to your wishes.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 11 August 2013

delmarskid1 wrote: I have one of his mods. Your gonna like it. He will make adjustments to one of his cataloged molds to your wishes.

This is my second mold from him. He's probably overloaded with work right now. His turnaround time is listed as four weeks but I got mine in three weeks to the day.

Attached Files

tomme boy posted this 14 August 2013

He just moved into a new shop. Thats why he is backed up a bit.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 14 August 2013

Guess we're pretty lucky when you can say having to wait three weeks to get a custom mould means Accurate is backed up.

Attached Files

Close