Accurate 43-206H-PB Plainbased Version Now Available for Traditionalists!

• Last Post 21 October 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
Ed Harris posted this 15 October 2019

Saw blurb on the other forum and also received a PM from CammoWhammo in Sydney Australia who liked my bullet, but as did BigMan54 preferred a plain base, so Tom made him one.  Weighs 209 grains naked, 210 grains lubed.  Feeds fine in both his Winchester 1873 and 1892.

So there ya go!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
BigMan54 posted this 21 October 2019

Or 4.5grs of Titegroup.

Great Bullet. As if I "need" another mold.

He who dies with the most molds wins. 

So I guess that'll be David, or Ed.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 20 October 2019

Thanks Ed for the reply.

I normally shoot Black but sometimes its nice to have a smokeless load to play with.

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

Bryan Austin posted this 19 October 2019

That is some sweet news Ed!!!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 19 October 2019

Mr Harris,

I have a Brass frame model 66 in 44 special.

I like Unique powder. With a 200gr bullet. What is a safe load in a toggle Winchester.

I see this target and 7 gr of Unique in a 73 seems to be a stout load for this type of action.

Thanks,

Jon

The 7 grain Unique load is fine for a .44-40, but in a .44 Special brass frame '66 Winchester I'd go no more than 6 grains of Unique or 5 grains of Bullseye.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 18 October 2019

Mr Harris,

I have a Brass frame model 66 in 44 special.

I like Unique powder. With a 200gr bullet. What is a safe load in a toggle Winchester.

I see this target and 7 gr of Unique in a 73 seems to be a stout load for this type of action.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Ed Harris posted this 17 October 2019

Update from CammoWhammo in the Land of OZ:

"I shot them today in my 1873 and wow, they are accurate!

The picture below is 2 separate 5 shots groups at 55yds. I moved the rear tang sight about 10 clicks to separate the groups.

Load is 7.0gn of Unique, chronographed at 1080fps in my 24" barrel."

Attached Files

beltfed posted this 16 October 2019

I like it.

Looks like a 43 cal version of the 452423 Keith bullet for the 45 AR.

I have also had very good accuracy from my orig first yr production Win M92 with the

similar  429215 SWC and the 429434HP over 22 gr 4227

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 16 October 2019

I bet my Bulldog would like those.
Lube with bacon grease and mix with the kibble?
(Sorry RIC, couldn't resist
Yes... about 5 grains of Bullseye in the .44 Special should be a stout, but safe load for a short-barrel revolver.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
  • delmarskid
delmarskid posted this 15 October 2019

I bet my Bulldog would like those.

Attached Files

Close