Does anyone have any experience with #5 in the 30/06 with plain base bullets?
- 212 Views
- Last Post 16 July 2018
Hi Pat, I used it a while back. I'm not one to use plain based bullets much. I believe I used 10g under a Seaco 205g bullet. At 50 yds. I believe I was under 2" using my Frankenstein 03A3 with issue sights. I just tried it the once so it could be worked up to be a better load. I seem to remember a loty unburned powder. AA2 works well for me with plain based 218 bee. AA7 has worked with gas checked 30's. I burned 20 pounds or more of no7 that way.
If you have the powder you may want to try it. I just used it once. In handguns it works a lot like Unique.
Don't have any I was just looking at something a tad slower than Unique to try out without throwing money at something other people didn't have luck with.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference