Another K-98

• Last Post 26 August 2017
R. Dupraz posted this 25 August 2017

Finished this project today and it's repeatable. Measured the group again after getting  back from the range. Closer to 1 1/8"  Actually, the correct NOE designation for that bullet is 287-168-RF.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JeffinNZ posted this 25 August 2017

Nice result.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 26 August 2017

Winner winner!

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 26 August 2017

Well Gary, I've been dinging with this rifle all summer, hoping that I could get it to shoot cast. And have been rotating through 100 Rem. cases which have been reloaded many times so far. As you can see, all sizing has been with a 7x57 Lee collet sizer die and after getting it set, it has worked just fine. I am pleased with the results and am not going to change anything. 

From the way that this old warrior an load combination have recently been shooting, I suspect that the groups could be a tad smaller yet maybe, but now it's a test of the shooter. 

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 26 August 2017

Well done! Nothing better than when you get an old girl performing like this.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 26 August 2017

geepers ... you might wanna take that to some big military shoot=out next year ... let me know if it happens to be in iowa ... i might make that trip just to see a mauser over-performing ... !!

ken

Attached Files

Hopefully next months military shoot at the Hawkeye Rifle and Pistol club, Sioux City, Ia. If things keep going as they are. One last attempt to strike fear in the hearts of the "03" boys. No success so far.....maybe this time. Got any extra bean cans? Betcha that would spook em!

Attached Files

John Carlson posted this 26 August 2017

We have a shoot at Dakota Benchrest next Saturday, Sep 2, if you get impatient.  Otherwise we'll see you at Hawkeye.

John Carlson. CBA Director of Military Competition.

Attached Files

Thanks John. Have trouble spotting the holes at 200 when shooting south but think I'll come anyway. Season is winding down. 

Attached Files

Close