California Lead Bullet Ban AB 3071

• Last Post 30 April 2020
hanover67 posted this 13 March 2020

The California legislature has underway an addendum to the state penal code outlawing the use of lead bullets at all shooting ranges. You can google AB 3071 and read the proposal. In my opinion it is based on sweeping generalizations about lead's toxicity and the assertion that there are plenty of non-lead bullets out there. California has already banned the use of lead bullets for hunting in part of the state to save the California Condor, so it is not beyond the possibility that this new, misguided regulation might be enacted.

To me, it would mean the death of bullet casting, reloading and even shooting. I plan to write my government officials and the California Rifle and Pistol Association, NRA, and Shooting Sports Association. hoping they can marshal opposition to this bill in Sacramento. If you live in California, I urge you to do the same.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 17 March 2020

stay away from Roswell NM ... i saw a documentary movie on netflix ... there are space aliens living there ... not as many as Warshington DC but still ...

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 19 March 2020

Very pretty, but we have turbo-goats also. Deep woods off repels ticks, chiggers and mosquitoes but not copperheads, ,cottonmouth water mocosins  pigmy rattlers, Diamond Back and Velvet tail rattlers. It all helps your hunting, makes you very alert. 

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 17 March 2020

Or, Rick, you could move to Arizona, plenty of state and federal land to hunt and fish on.  Cities as large as Phoenix and Tucson if you require that sort of thing.  We have legal concealed carry and open carry, no magazine restrictions.  Lots of elk , deer, javelina, and small game as well as trout, bass, walleyes, catfish, and pike to hunt and fish for.  We are a great state.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

You would like the Oklahoma Panhandle. I've been out there prairie dog shooting when they hadn't had any measurable rainfall in 19 months However, they have been having rainfall the last year or so.. I'll stick with my Mountains in Southeastern Oklahoma. We don't have any prairie dogs  but we have better game, plus we've got a lot of wild hogs. Hogs are a blessing to hunters who get bored during the closed season. You can hunt them every day by about any means you desire, and they are good to eat. We've had almost 5 inches of rain the last 4 days and it is supposed to rain tonight along with possible tornadoes. The good thing the rain is going to cause the fish to start running sooner. Turkey season opens soon but my onery Grandson and his buddy are trying to get a early start before everyone else locates the turkeys. They were back in the mountains this morning and ran into two characters carrying AR-15's. They were probably a couple of pot growers. The invaders tried to catch up with them but two 18 year old athletes are hard to catch.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

tony1960 posted this 19 March 2020

If people are wanting to move to open empty spaces, how about waaay down south. We have every damn insect and snake that stings, bites or scratches and they are ALL dangerous, Then there are the giant mice, huge and mostly stupid enough to watch you shoot them. 

that is of course unless they are on the move at 40 mph

and those ones with two heads are the worst

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 14 March 2020

But you are always welcome to move to Texas, we have room!

I almost called you a prevaricator Dave, until I did my research. There is room is West Texas with a density of less then 10 per square mile. Do you have a state income tax?

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • M3 Mitch
David Reiss posted this 15 March 2020

But you are always welcome to move to Texas, we have room!

I almost called you a prevaricator Dave, until I did my research. There is room is West Texas with a density of less then 10 per square mile. Do you have a state income tax?

No state income tax, lots of land, friendly people and lots of guns. We have open carry, but no one does, just concealed.

Think about this: the city of Houston is over 2.7 million people (third largest behind New York and L,A,) , it is 669 sq. miles, but the Houston Police Department has only a little over 5,000 officers. 

How do they do it: take no bs and good people.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
  • Bud Hyett

Hello in California,

You're welcome to move to Oklahoma any time you wish, but if you don't like the freedom of  Constitutional  carrying either concealed or carrying openly you probably wouldn't like it here  You don't have to wait to buy a handgun or have a special permit for one either..Also if you don't like conservative REPUBLICANS you won't be happy here. If you agree with this; plus being free, come on, we will welcome you. Bye the way, it's not near as much fun to carry now that it is legal without a permit as it was when you had to have a concealed carry permit. I carried illegally for years, was caught carrying but was always told by the law enforcers to go on and get that thing out of sight.

Mashburn.

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • M3 Mitch

Hello,

Your comment about lead poisoning made me think. I had heard so much about lead poisoning and since I have been melting and pouring lead since I was a kid and being an old man now, I just knew that I had to have lead poisoning. So, about  3 years ago I suggested to my doctor that I surely was a walking toxic lead dump and he should test me right away. Well, he did and guess what? I DID NOT HAVE ANY LEAD IN MY SYSTEM. AIN'T THAT A SURPRISE. This has turned into a very enjoyable thread.

Best of luck to all of you men,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • M3 Mitch
dualsport posted this 20 March 2020

I made it sound like I was a Texas cop. Nope, I was the rowdy drunk Californian. Working the boom there. Just wanted to be clear. For a minor issue you’d get an option for a ride out to the bayou and get it over with or jail. Jail in Texas meant you could be a pea farmer earning your keep.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Bud Hyett
John Alexander posted this 20 March 2020

" I have thought about moving to Montana since last fall when I spent a week on a fishing trip there with my sons - they don't whine there, the speed limit on 2-lane roads is 70 MPH,"

------------------

Sorry to hear about the oppressive speed limit they have passed. When I lived there they had no speed limit outside of towns. Also glad to hear they have stopped whining.  When I was there they whined all the time about the oppressive federal taxes all the while on welfare collecting 2.2 times the taxes they paid back in federal support, not to mention the practically free grazing on national forest land.  Of course that was when they had no dollar bills only silver dollars so it has been a while. It was beautiful country where I lived.

John

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Bud Hyett
dualsport posted this 14 March 2020

The lead ban for hunting covers the whole state. No lead period. The pretense of a health concern is comedy. Imagine you had the power to seriously jack up people you despise. That’s who’s in control here. They hate us. We fight back mainly through the CRPA. There’s a chance we can defeat this bill. Tim Turner aka dualsport. I’m up to 7 motorcycles now

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
joeb33050 posted this 14 March 2020

The Eustis Gun Club has lead removed from berms every ?? years. Last year the contractor removed and paid for > 70 tons.

70 tons? He paid!

joe b.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
RicinYakima posted this 15 March 2020

I was thinking more about Stratford or Dalhart. I don't know that I could live below 1500 feet? Maybe Lubbock. I stayed a couple of weeks in Roswell, NM, and really liked it. Half the people in the park were from Houston or Dallas escaping the heat of September.   Ric

p.s. Houston PD has had a good rep for more than 50 years when I started in LE.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
David Reiss posted this 15 March 2020

I was just giving Houston as an example. Texas has everything that all the other states have, but I haven't lived in Houston for more than 40 years. Too crowded, too many traffic lights and too many liberals. But again its a big state. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
cfp4570 posted this 18 March 2020

My mom lived in Northern Arizona for several years, I really liked that area. Living in the people's republic of Illinois, Arizona looks better all the time.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
RicinYakima posted this 18 March 2020

brodie, I really like the Alpine, Springville and St. Johns area. Flagstaff was nice, but too big of city for an old country boy from the desert. But it is a dream, as the wife will never move away from the grandkids and soon great grandkids.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett

Hello Ken Campbell,

Your sense of humor continues to keep me laughing. Keep it up please. You may have missed your calling-possibly you should have been a stand up comedian.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
RicinYakima posted this 19 March 2020

Sorry Mashburn, but OK has chiggers, bugs and it rains there. I like sand, scorpions and sun, had enough green stuff in RVN. laughing

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
hanover67 posted this 19 March 2020

Thank all of you who have invited me to move to your state. This would be a solution to avoiding a California prohibition on using lead bullets at all shooting ranges. Unfortunately it is not an immediate answer. However, I have thought about moving to Montana since last fall when I spent a week on a fishing trip there with my sons - they don't whine there, the speed limit on 2-lane roads is 70 MPH, the rush hour in Bozeman was 5 pickup trucks, gasoline is $2.43 per gallon, and there is no sales tax. But, the -40 degree winters give me pause.

The Kalifornia proposal is based on the stated opinions of a local legislator who was probably put up to it by Sarah Brady fund, has no knowledge or experience with guns or shooting, doesn't care about law-abiding gun-owning citizens, and buys into the liberal elite, and has no scientific facts to back up his claims of injury to the public from shooting at ranges. Has anybody ever heard of injury, sickness, or death caused by shooting at rifle and pistol or trap and skeet ranges? Further, has anyone who reloads, or casts their own bullets, as I do, ever had a diagnosis of lead poisoning?

Imagine what it would be like if your state enacted a similar ban.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Show More Posts
Close