Coating Bullets

• Last Post 04 February 2018
nosee posted this 01 February 2018

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

NOE .227-80sp,Hornady gas check, 4 coats Hi-Tek, sized .225, 100 ready to load. Nosee

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 01 February 2018

Those are some fine looking bullets. What color is that, please.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Hi-Tek calls it gun metal.  nosee

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 01 February 2018

Coating makes bullets fatter. So I hope they chamber so bullet will not be pushed back into case. Have you checked?

What rifle and twist rate are you using?

Attached Files

porthos posted this 01 February 2018

i don't   "follow" threads about coated bullets very much. so, the question that i have is; do the prove to be as accurate as conventially lubed bullets??

Attached Files

nosee posted this 02 February 2018

Yes, I have shot lot of these through this Tikka .223 1in8, sized .225. I fact I shoot these at the CBA national in sept. took last place, but I,am going back,can,t do any worse! I have coated some that would not   chamber, put the coating on to heavy at one time, need just a little,3 or 4 times.It is time consuming but it stoped the leading in the Tikka, Thank You for asking    Nosee

Attached Files

nosee posted this 02 February 2018

I started using this because of leading in a new Tikka .223 1 in 8, all the lubes i tried,and that was several , still leading after 15--20 rounds. this stopped that,I believe it to be as good or better with an accurate shooter,that i,am not. Thank You.   Nosee

Attached Files

nosee posted this 04 February 2018

Thank you for asking about how accurate coated bullets are to regular lube.I did,t know, so I loaded 25 coated and 25 Lee alox.Wind here was bad today, but I was ready to shoot,sw wind 13 gust to 27, we shoot north. That didn,t matter I was just shooting to compare, coating to lube.I shot 5 coated to foul clean rifle,all 5 shot groups. Then I shot all the alox bullets,to check for lead, because that is what my real trouble was. No real good groups,all about the same 1 to 1.5 in.best was one of alox .930.But realy, to me not enough difference to say for sure,am loading somemore to try when weather is better. I will shoot the same and cono. One thing for sure I had NO leading in barrel this time,my alox groups never spreed out like before. Thank you    Nosee

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 04 February 2018

great post .... and congrats on shooting under 3 inches in a 25 mph wind !! ....  a head or tail wind is the trickiest wind to figure out !! ...

and additionally ... a question i have::  how the he** do you get to the kc nat's range ??  on the google map it looks like you really need a hell-icopter ...  if i was at the chief's stadium on I70 what roads do i take ??     or do i just drive to booneville and back for hours ?? ...  since i got my eyes tuned up i gotta show up one of these times .

ken

Attached Files

nosee posted this 04 February 2018

I put the address in my gps,it worked. Pioneer Gun Club---NW 1571st.road---Holden, MO. It drawed a map.  Thanks--Nosee

Attached Files

Close