forum

• Last Post 10 August 2018
R. Dupraz posted this 06 August 2018

FORUM --   

A place, meeting, or medium where IDEAS and VEIWS on a particular issue CAN BE EXCHANGED..     

R.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • M3 Mitch
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
jchiggins posted this 06 August 2018

Intense debate and analysis is constructive;  unnecessary criticism and personal attacks are not productive.  I believe we all want to learn; besides, I thought this was supposed to be fun.  In the scheme of things, what we do here is for our own pleasure; we are not trying to save humanity or anything else that really matters.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • dbarron
Brodie posted this 07 August 2018

An interesting idea jc, too bad it isn't followed more by some people.

'

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 08 August 2018

I agree, and this forum is to me a bit of the Fouling Shot, between receiving that favorite magazine in the mail.  A chance to ask follow-up questions, to discuss with published authors, and other enthusiasts who may not have been published yet. 

Some people do seem to not really understand how to debate.  Calling someone who disagrees with you an "idiot" is not constructive, and more importantly it does not present your alternative ideas in a way that the rest of us can understand them.  Besides, if I am thinking about trying something, if I post it up here, if it turns out that my idea is not really new, and has been tried before and found wanting, that saves me time and trouble, and I'm grateful for the advice. 

If someone feels the need to call people rude names, it's not hard to find the phone number for various politicians, I won't name any but we are mostly of the same mind as to who deserves this,  where you can hurl your epithets at worthy targets.  Of course, this may make you feel better, but it won't accomplish anything even here.

I'll take that one step further - if you happen to know local business owners who are members of your range, maybe even shoot with you, go out of your way to patronize them.  I have found that shooters are almost without exception good people.  Shooting rewards self-control, and that bleeds over into other parts of life.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 08 August 2018

Is it really that earth shattering that a guy in Portland, Maine calls some guy in Portland, Oregon an idiot when they disagree about something? Have men really degraded to the point where they're supposed to "stay in touch with our feminine side" no matter how ticked off they get? For the most part when I've seen someone go after someone else it was well deserved. Just because this is a forum doesn't mean it's immune from societal norms and show me one club, organization, church group, or any other gathering of more than 1 person that doesn't have flare ups and I'll eat your hat. What happens here is pretty tame compared to a lot of what I've seen in real life. And the big plus about here is if you don't like what's being written don't read it.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 08 August 2018

No matter what ones thinks the forum should or should not be, it is bound by rules set forth by the CBA BOD, many years ago at its inception. Nothing changed in the rules when the new forum format was launched a few years ago. 

In more than 33 years of law enforcement, I have seen disagreements escalate to every level possible from heated words to homicide. And while Pat is correct about not having to read all that is posted, calling each other names is going to far. Tame or not, it will not be tolerated. Like it or not, the rules will be enforced. No one person makes this forum and the banning of one or more will not negatively affect it. 

If you don't like what being posted, just ignore it. Start your own thread with your own ideas, just don't reference someone or their ideas as being idiotic. 

Anyone can disagree without being uncivil or petty. It may take a little effort.  

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • dbarron
  • Redleged
pat i. posted this 08 August 2018

That works too

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 09 August 2018

"If you don't like what being posted, just ignore it"

Or better,

If you can't handle a different point of view, tolerate being disagreed with, contradicted  or questioned, then don't post anything!

R.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 09 August 2018

Good advice.

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 09 August 2018

I think Frank and Larry's arguments are very entertaining. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • GP Idaho
David Reiss posted this 09 August 2018

Very well said Richard D.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 09 August 2018

Excellent R.

Why would you have a forum if everybody agreed.

John

Attached Files

Larry Gibson posted this 10 August 2018

I think Frank and Larry's arguments are very entertaining. 

You're welcome.......

LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • GP Idaho
Close