Fouling Shot Issue 267 .. saves the year 2020

• Last Post 23 October 2020
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 24 September 2020

Home Run ... Triple Rainbow ...   Twin Baby Unicorns ...

That is the latest Fouling Shot ... No. 267 ... 

thank you FS foks, i might make it through 2020 yet ...

for comparison, a couple days ago i received my latest American Rifleman ... already i can't remember anything about the articles in it ...   but i will be thinking about and re-enjoying FS 267 for years ..

maybe like comparing a Twinky snack from the quick shop to a slice of my mother's peach pie ...

thanks again, and if some forum participants don't receive this, beg or borrow a copy  ..  .. better yet, join the CBA and make sure you don't miss future gems ...

ken

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Dukem posted this 23 October 2020

It was in the mail when I got home last night. Now to take some time and savor it.

Duke

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 20 October 2020

Hello,

I finally received my copy of  267 yesterday, which was my 76th birthday. I haven't had time to read it yet because this old man is busy, busy, busy getting ready for the opening of black powder deer season starting this coming Saturday morning. As long as my health stays as well as it is (which really isn't very good) I will continue to hunt.

Old men with old guns and deer to hunt-what more could you ask for.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Fitzpatrick
Fitzpatrick posted this 20 October 2020

I received mine Friday last week

Attached Files

Dukem posted this 20 October 2020

After reading the effusive praise for #267 I hurriedly searched through my stack of Fouling Shots and can find #261 through #266 but alas no #267. Have the rest of you that remarked on its tardiness received your copies yet?

Duke

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 08 October 2020

I have just deleted a post for political content. I know we are near an election but please resist the temptation.

Thank you.

John

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 08 October 2020

[ Grumble, grumble... ] Where's *my* FS 267?  I hope it's not mixed-in with all those ballots that ended up in Canada!

Attached Files

beemer posted this 07 October 2020

One of the best, got on line to post the same thing but was beat to it. A lot of useful info.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Fitzpatrick posted this 06 October 2020

i haven't received 267 either ,now I'm all excited and the wife is wondering what up ,i believe see thinks i have a girlfriend 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
mashburn posted this 06 October 2020

I haven't received mine either. I'm in suspense after hearing you peoples comments.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
alamogunr posted this 05 October 2020

Still waiting for #267.  USPS seems to have a tendency not to take periodicals seriously.  Let bundles set in various places.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Eutectic posted this 26 September 2020

The FS is the only publication I read cover to cover.
The only reason I get the Rifleman is I need the membership to shoot in matches.
The other gun rags are well - just rags.

Keep the great articles coming guys and gals!
I know there are more of us with unique ideas and priceless information.
Write them down and send it in.

Steve Hurst

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Ed Harris
  • Bud Hyett
Ed Harris posted this 25 September 2020

Agree FS #267 is the finest I have seen ever!  Bravo Zulu to our new authors.  Brooks Harris's (no relation so far as I know) piece on the militaries will be a classic referred to for years.  I cannot wait to see his next followup.  Likewise for Larry Gibson's opus on drilling flash holes.  Those two got my attention, but everything is good from cover to cover.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • harleyrock
alamogunr posted this 25 September 2020

I've been waiting with bated breath for two publications that are not monthly.  The above mentioned Fouling Shot and the Garand Collectors Association Journal.  I recently joined the GCA and am finding there is a lot of interesting information written by experts in the journal.

I sure hope my copy of The Fouling Shot comes soon.

John

PS.  I get the American Rifleman on line.  I felt guilty throwing it away after 2-3 days.  I was tempted to make a cute remark but decided it could be construed to be political. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
David Reiss posted this 24 September 2020

I have already received two emails about #267 voicing the same sentiment. I totally agree!

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • M3 Mitch
Close