Hello

• Last Post 28 July 2017
shell70634 posted this 28 July 2017

I've been reloading and casting for a long time.  I've gleaned a lot of info from this site so thought i would join officially.

My current love affair is a Ruger #1 in 35 Whelen with cast boolits.

Thanx for all the tips, tricks, and plain enjoyable reading.

Shelly

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 28 July 2017

hi ... welcome to cba ... lots of good info here ... note there is a search button that can bring back a ton of stuff ...

also glad to see another ruger1 guy here ... we have to stick together since we are thought to be rather the poor cousins of the high wall and 44 1/2 shooters .... .... funny how nearly every pistol is a 35 cal .... but only 35 rem. and 35 whelen .... appear in rifles to any extent ...  every deer hunter should have a 358 winchester, but very few really do ...

please keep us informed of your experiences with the R1 and the 35 whelen ...  it is likely the best hunting cartridge in the world and should be recognized more ....  be great to hear more about yours ...

i have a brand new 357 barrel and i keep vacillating on what to do with it ...  my friend john has some 357 maximums that shoot cast very well ... but require extractor work ... thinking about a 35-60 on a 45-70 case for my ruger3 .... less punishing so i could shoot it more .

ken

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 28 July 2017

Hello Shelly!

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Close