Hello!

• Last Post 06 November 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
oldblinddog posted this 20 September 2017

Just joined CBA and came back to the forum. Been casting for rifle and pistol about 40 years. Still learning. big_grin

USMC (ret.), CBA, NRA, TSRA, ARPC

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
shake posted this 20 September 2017

Welcome back

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • oldblinddog
oldblinddog posted this 21 September 2017

Thanks! 

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 21 September 2017

That's the joy of cast bullet shooting.  Always learning.  Good to see you.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • oldblinddog
oldblinddog posted this 21 September 2017

Good to see you as well!

Attached Files

sbalades posted this 04 November 2017

Hello, I'm new to CBA and would like to cast a variety Of bullets, 9mm,308,30-30,380,32sw long,6.5 sweed to start as I'm from California and don't want to register to buy bullets. So I can use all the help I can get. Looking for a good mold to start with for my 30-30 (target shooting) out to 200 yards, Let me know what you think . Thank you in advance 

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 04 November 2017

For the .30-30, you would probably have success with the Lyman 311291, NOE 311-175-FN or the Lee C309-170-F. However you did not tell us if your rifle is a lever or bolt gun. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 04 November 2017

Excellent first choice, as the 30/30 is a great cast bullet case. Like David said, we have lots of experienced reloaders for your help. My choice is the Lyman 311041 made for the Win 94. Welcome. Ric

Attached Files

Ken T posted this 04 November 2017

I would also recommend the Lyman 311041 for a .30-30 especially a lever gun.If you are concerned the mould might cast undersize look for an Ideal 31141 on eBay.The Lyman or Ideal 311291 is also an excellent mould.I have been lucky with Lyman moulds I have yet to get one that casts undersize.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 06 November 2017

SAECO #315:

• Flat nose for tubular magazines
  • Tapered for seating
  • Known for accuracy
  • Heavy enough for hunting
  • Works well with Reloder #7 at 1800 FPS
  • Accurate in Marlin Micro-Groove when sized .311.

I taught a friend to reload using this bullet and he loaded practice .30-30 rounds for his daughter. She practiced and then shot her deer from a stand with this load. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Close