Hello everybody

• Last Post 23 February 2019
Squid Boy posted this 20 February 2019

Been around shooting sports a very long time and enjoy all aspects of it. I just recently got into BPCR and casting bullets by default. Never did much of that before so this is really pretty new to me. I am sure there is much to learn and hope I can contribute. Reloading and load development are areas where I have the most experience. Looking forward to participating. Thanks, Squid

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
delmarskid posted this 21 February 2019

Good to hear that are versed in load work. It's going to come in handy with BPCR shooting. Love to shoot the cloudy stuff. Welcome, glad you joined us.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 21 February 2019

When I was working on sport fishing boats I used to hate it when we had to use squid for bait.  First we had to catch them (up all night) then keep them alive and they made an awful mess squirting ink everywhere.  But, I am very pleased to welcome you aboard this forum. 

I have wanted to get into BPCR shooting for a while, but have been afraid of the financial investment.  I envy you.  I think you will fit right in here.  Most of the other members are a little loony, but I am sane at least when I am on my meds.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 21 February 2019

delmarskid, I like the odd-ball calibers and they require some development to stay safe and still work with smokeless. I started with a Powley slide rule way back and have been running Quick Load for at least ten years. I have access to a Pressure Trace system as well. Most of my work lately has been low pressure smokeless shotgun for Damascus. I know this might generate a controversy but what the heck. Black powder and cast are fairly new to me and that's why I am here. Thanks, Squid 

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 21 February 2019

Brodie, I mated on a boat out of Point Pleasant, NJ for quite awhile until I had the necessary time to go for my license. Then I ran my own boat. Squid Boy is what they called me as a mate and it stuck. They are ugly critters but great bait especially live. I love to fish big tuna. About three years ago I got invited to a cowboy match where they shot a buffalo side match and that got me interested in BPCR. Then I managed to find a nice Cody Ballard in 40-70 that I could afford. So here I am wishing I had done it years sooner. Thanks, Squid

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 22 February 2019

hey squid boy ....;  think a blackpowder rig could hit a coyote at 200 yards ?? ...    we are currently having an informal match and we get a mix of shootin irons ;  got another 5 weeks and lots of targets left ... check out the threads here about *  coyotes  * ... pm me if interested ...  

good to see you here ..

ken

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 22 February 2019

Ken, I might have trouble hitting at 200 with the Cody because my old eyes just don't work that good anymore with iron sights. I just found an optical peep sight that I adapted to the staff and waiting for the weather to try. I also have a Romano Spencer in 50-90 with a full length MVA scope that will hit one at fairly long range if I do my part. Pm sent and thanks for the welcome. Squid

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 22 February 2019

Welcome aboard.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 23 February 2019

JeffinNZ, thanks! I always wanted to visit NZ. Had a friend that lived there for awhile and said it was breathtakingly beautiful country. It's on my list. Thanks again, Squid

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

muley posted this 23 February 2019

welcome aboard squid boy, I have a colt/borchardt in 45-70 that i enjoy shooting. keep us posted on ur endeavors.

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 23 February 2019

Thanks muley, as the weather improves I will get back to the game. Several projects waiting right now. Squid

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Close