Lefever G grade 10 gauge

• Last Post 17 April 2020
6pt-sika posted this 23 January 2017

Picked up a circa 1902/1903 Lefever G Grade 10 gauge with 30” Damascus barrels . The bores are shiney and bright , the thing with my flat choke gauge is modified in the right and full in the left .

Now for the bad news !

The stock was replaced years ago with a Fajen stock , but it actually has some figure . LOP is 14 1/4” , I'll get it down to 13 7/8” with a KickEez pad .

And the innards need some work . Need a pair of hammer springs and three or four screws . The springs are the kicker to the whole deal but I think a friend in New York just might be able to help me with that .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Squid Boy posted this 17 April 2020

Fortunately, 4756 was never the powder of choice and SR 7625 which was, is no longer on the scene either. However, there are others that proved to be even better that are widely available. BPI is a good source for components but all my LP loads were developed with shortened Federal hulls. I haven't tried the Cheddite yet. Thanks, Squid Boy

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 16 April 2020

The good folk at BPI have lots of 10g components to boot.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Wheel Weights posted this 16 April 2020

Thanks, problem is I only has 5 pounds of 4756 left !

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 16 April 2020

I have done extensive testing of low pressure loads for shotguns. Luckily the ten is the easiest except for components. I have results from two different ballistic labs that concur. PM with your regular mail if you would like to discuss it. Squid Boy

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Wheel Weights posted this 16 April 2020

There was a series in Double Gun Journal several years ago that tested smokeless loads for twist steel guns. An exhaustive piece of research that showed smokeless was safe and gave lower pressures than black. I use them (100s) in my Remington 12 Bore and Ithaca "cannon breech" 10 bore. There is a Double Gun Journal forum on Facebook where you can research this.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 26 January 2017

Miracles never cease ! My friend/contact in New York had the springs I needed as well as the three or four screws I wanted to replace !

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 January 2017

It's looking kinda promising for getting the parts I need . Got a text from the fellow in New York last night he seems to think he just might have what I need . Although he needs to look today . 

Attached Files

Close