Several years ago I bought a nice 03a3 from a member here. He used it to win many matches back when. His advice was use the load he used, or go off diking around. I have a very old Ideal single cavity that I 'beagle' up a tad but would like a new mold. .311 would be good, double cavity. Where to find my new mold? ( Yes, I went off diking around and have come back to this bullet). The 308334 is accurate in the 30-06 03a3 and fits nicely in the case neck, like it should.
Lyman/Ideal 308334 clone?
- 410 Views
- Last Post 15 December 2016
You might want to take a look at the NOE web site. They have quite a selection of 30 cal molds, some of which are clones of other makers. In my “03” versions of the Lyman 311299 and 31499 work very well. And NOE's clone of the Lyman 311332 shoots very well in my old Israelie K-98 7.62x51 military match gun.
My favorite is the 311284.
Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret. 608 797 0056
The most accurate 30 caliber bullet that I have personally used is the 200gn NEI DD design. I've used it with very good results in several guns.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference