LYMAN'S NEW MANUAL NO. 50

• 1.6K Views
  • Last Post 2 weeks ago
Brodie posted this 14 March 2018

I have seen a couple of posts by people asking about cast bullet data on the 6.5 Creedmore.  Lyman's new

reloading manual NO. 50 contains data on two Lyman bullets.  Sorry that I can't give you more information on the new manual, but the Sportsman's warehouse I was in didn't exactly encourage examination of their new manuals for sale.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bohica793 posted this 15 March 2018

266469 and 266673 to be exact.  I have the 50th if anyone is in need of the specifics.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
makpeter posted this 3 weeks ago

Hello,

I have Lyman 48th ed and only find load data 225-55 grain is there data in the 50th ed for 70grain or is there a formula to calculate

If there is data for the 70 grain i will buy the book

Thx

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 3 weeks ago

The 50th edition is worth buying

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret. 608 797 0056

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
RicinYakima posted this 3 weeks ago

The 50th has the last shooting/printing of some powders that will not be available again except on the yard sale market. So if you buy old powder, this is one to consider.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 3 weeks ago

I just wish they still used the spiral binding, like the old 45th edition has.  Handled with some care, these don't wear much, and lay flat on the table or bench.  I guess it's my old Navy Nuke training, while I can tell you that 3.5 grains of Bullseye under a 200 grain cast bullet is a good, and safe light load for the .45 ACP, I won't load without the manual open on the bench, showing the load I am using.  OCD can be a feature, as well as a bug, I guess.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 3 weeks ago

I have Lyman Manual's going back to #38. Plus all 4 Cast Bullet Handbooks and all 5 Shotgun Manuals.

They are My GoTo manuals for all Cast loads and the 1st place I look at for J-Loads.

Still buying every Manual that comes out.

Except the Hodgdon Magazine, after 14yrs of the same almost nothing. I've just given up on those.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

beltfed posted this 2 weeks ago

BigMan54

I now go to the Hodgdon's on line loading data source

hodgdonreloading.com

It is good for many different cartridges. Don't need the hard copy that is dated

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

beltfed posted this 2 weeks ago

INdeed, about having old loading manuals for old ctges.

I have used my copy of Phil Sharpe's Hand Book of Shooting and Reloading-1937

and added to in early '50s Second Edition

a goodly numbe of times. My P.O. Ackley's two volume handbook set has also been handy reference.

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Close