http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,2225.0.html

Thanks in advance

Bullet maker, maker

Al Nelson

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 22 August 2017

I am in!

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 22 August 2017

I'd be interested  in one if or when. Gp

Attached Files

swedenelson posted this 23 August 2017

Any thoughts on a .301 Bore Ride nose verses a .299 to a .301 tapered nose?

The original was a Bore Ride.   

Bullet maker, maker

Al Nelson

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 24 August 2017

AL;  You will most likely sell more as drawn but for my use everything looks good except I would like the nose tapered from .300 to .302. I have a lot of 30cal bore riders, it's the tapered nose that draws me to this bullet. Thanks Gp

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 24 August 2017

I believe the Ardito designed bullet was meant to fit a throat that was reamed with the same rearmer as tapered  the bump (swagging) die so the taper of the bumped bullets matched the taper in the throat.  That's how John set his records and virtually all the good CB shooters who shot gunsmith built guns followed suit.

What adventage does this type of bullet have for a rifle that doesn't have its throat tapered to match the taper on the bullet over a uniform diameter nose for a bore riding design?

John

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
frnkeore posted this 24 August 2017

Mel Harris, holds about 25 CBA records with the original Egan design. They have sent two more targets in for him from the Regional match, two weeks ago, for record consideration.

I do not know his freebore lenght or remember the diameter but, I do know that his leade is 1 deg per side and that matches the original tapered, Egan band. Personally, I wouldn't want any part of the bore riding nose, to be less than .300. I think it would loose some of it's accuracy if the nose could move in the lands. 

Frank

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
OU812 posted this 16 September 2017

How about modifying one of your paper patch designs. Enlarge the rear three or four driving bands to .311

I have the lighter weight version of this bullet, i may send off to have modified.

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 16 September 2017

Mel Harris, holds about 25 CBA records with the original Egan design. They have sent two more targets in for him from the Regional match, two weeks ago, for record consideration.

I do not know his freebore lenght or remember the diameter but, I do know that his leade is 1 deg per side and that matches the original tapered, Egan band. Personally, I wouldn't want any part of the bore riding nose, to be less than .300. I think it would loose some of it's accuracy if the nose could move in the lands. 

Frank

Does Mel bump his bullets? The nose shape of the Eagan makes them easier to bump.

BTW ...I designed the bullet in picture (Accurate Molds 31-210M), but have never fired it. I do not have a rifle/barrel set up to shoot it yet.

Attached Files

Close